EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So already this year has started off better than the last for one of my first discoveries of the year is from what I've been told is some people's bucket lister. My first day out was the second since like many others New Year's Day was recovery from the late night before. An old farm homesite witch I had hit before was being cleared my first hit I popped out a thimble that had a nice design on it but it wasn't a coin. So I continued finding bits of copper horse tac can slaw and other odds and ends about to call it for the day when out came a coin a 1920 wheat penny. So upon returning home I began pulling my haul out the thimble I had almost forgotten about thinking it must be aluminum I cleaned the dirt from the inside and saw the tell tale signs of silver patina. Thinking to myself l must just be hopefully wishing I looked closer and there was a mark in the bottom I could see faint writing as well so I hurried to my magnified light to take a even closer look. To my surprise and disbelief of my luck I could see the word STERLING starring back at me. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483582177.029069.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you it was an exciting first find of the year

OP
OP
E

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an update on the thimble the land owner a family friend told me it was either his grandmothers or his mothers thimble so I gave it to him the look on his face was worth more than all the money in the world. It was very moving to be able to bring such joy to his eyes was one of the most moving things I have experienced since getting in to this hobby.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was special. Feels good, doesn't it?
My first week of metal detecting, I dug up my daughter's long lost gold tulip ring. She was so happy. That incident got me hooked.

Again, congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread