Response to Craigs List Ad

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
This is a respose to a Craig's List ad I submitted recently. I have emailed the lady and am waiting a response:

"My house was built in 1804. It's in west Penn Laird, east of Harrisonburg on route 33. I would be happy for you to metal detect in my yard. If there's anything of value, what do you do with it? Anything ancient I'd like to at least get a photo of.
Michele"

It works, folks!!!!

DM

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Digginman said:
If there's anything of value, what do you do with it? Anything ancient I'd like to at least get a photo of.

How did you respond to this question?...

Sounds like you got a great spot to hunt...good luck and keep us posted..

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Digginman said:
This is a respose to a Craig's List ad I submitted recently. I have emailed the lady and am waiting a response:

"My house was built in 1804. It's in west Penn Laird, east of Harrisonburg on route 33. I would be happy for you to metal detect in my yard. If there's anything of value, what do you do with it? Anything ancient I'd like to at least get a photo of.
Michele"

It works, folks!!!!

DM

Are you the person who had the ad in the Bulletin board sale paper? I bought one a couple of weeks ago in Staunton, and saw an ad looking for places to detect. I wondered if it was someone from here?

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
How did you respond to this question?...

Sounds like you got a great spot to hunt...good luck and keep us posted..

I told her the truth. I like to keep coins and that I have loaned good finds to the local Civil War Museums and have given some to schools.

DM

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Are you the person who had the ad in the Bulletin board sale paper? I bought one a couple of weeks ago in Staunton, and saw an ad looking for places to detect. I wondered if it was someone from here?

No, Rowdy, that wasn't my ad. Sounds like a good idea, though.

DM

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Received another email today. Seems there are slaves graves on the property. She said rocks have been placed in weird ways. Seems like she is looking for something. Neither of us can make it this weekend (she lives there on weekends only), so the soonest we can hook up is the weekend of the 28th-29th.

DM

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Good luck with your hunting. I too placed an ad and was asked to detect a church graveyard to help find corner markers for the church. Then I have free reign on the property. I started my search, found 7 markers for them so far and a horseshoe, brass cross, wheatie and an earring. Will return when the weather gets a little cooler.

Craigslist is a great way for us to get contacts...free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread