I need Assembly advice from someone who has the F75 LTD

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no idea, have not seen a little square piece. Here is how I assembled mine.

f75ltd.JPG

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly I have the owners manual and it mentions nothing about it. And it doesn't allow the lock collar to go past it. I just got my new detector in and this one little plastic thing will not allow me to put it together. Pissing me off. Image1484438929.966473.jpg Image1484439000.202558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is an internal cam lock...see item #3 on locos post/picture. You have to install it from inside the shaft

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call me I PM'd you a few minutes ago. That is if you still need help.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at the top lock collar... I think the lower lock collar broke because that little black piece that I'm talking about is already in the lock collar itself on top.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That piece lays in the slot on the shaft and the put the collar ring over the shaft

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The lock collar is so fitted to the shaft it won't slide over if that piece it there. I think it might've broke off from inside the lock shaft itself because it's impossible to slide it on any other way. The thing that surprises me is there is no part of that square black piece that looks as if it was broken off from anywhere. Look Smooth all around with no rough edges of being broken. I'm going to get something to eat with my mife before I go crazy and she told me to quit talking about it right now. Lol

drenalin11

Nov 23, 2016
Greenville, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that does is apply pressure to the shaft once the nut is tightened. It should lay flat in the hole and pretty much look like it completes that tubing with the same contour. If the nut is already tightened to far before you have the shaft inserted then it will stick up to high and won't let the shaft enter.

So you could either have it upside down or have the locking collar screwed on too much not allowing the lock to sit low enough

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's supposed to be inside of there and it broke off because when I manually put that piece where it belongs the locking collar will not go over it. I'm gonna call Fisher tomorrow. I'll just order another locking collar if it's the case.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, that's not looking normal. I believe the tab broke off.

drenalin11

Nov 23, 2016
Greenville, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It couldn't have broken off. It stays in that hole while the locking collar spins around it so they can't be attached together in order to work properly. Is there a groove in the locking collar that needs to be in a specific spot to allow the cam lock to be out of the way enough to get the shaft inserted?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It couldn't have broken off. It stays in that hole while the locking collar spins around it so they can't be attached together in order to work properly. Is there a groove in the locking collar that needs to be in a specific spot to allow the cam lock to be out of the way enough to get the shaft inserted?

It just has one groove. What's strange is the black piece doesn't look broke off from anywhere. I cannot figure it out.

drenalin11

Nov 23, 2016
Greenville, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That groove should have one end deeper than the other. The deepest part is where that cam lock should lay out of the way the most to get the shaft inserted.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That groove should have one end deeper than the other. The deepest part is where that cam lock should lay out of the way the most to get the shaft inserted.

It doesn't sound right to me that every time you change shafts you have this loose plastic piece which would be easy to lose.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've got a defective/broken one. You should not even be seeing that square piece.

I replaced a cam lock on a Whites machine a couple of years ago. I had to cut the knob to get the tensioner loose. Call the manufacturer.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have extra lower shafts attached to all my coils so swapping them out is easy I have never seen that little black piece come out. Did you get it together?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn the shaft over like the picture posted above. Lay the cam lock piece in the bottom of the tube. Make sure the other shaft is rotated 90 degrees. Slide it in partway, then rotate 90 degrees. You should be good to go.

Wayne

www,metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread