Anyone bought from Vance Metal Detecting recently?

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I just got my XP Deus, and I was looking for some over the ear headphones with good reviews. Everything I read about the Vance Muffs were good, so I placed an order on his site. My PayPal was charged, but I never got any sort of confirmation about my order. I've tried getting in touch with him, emailing him, messaging on FB etc but have yet to hear back.

Upvote 0

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
SigsDigs:

Some dates would be helpful. How long have you been waiting?

Are you writing that you never heard anything from this dealer?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

OP
OP
S

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered on Wed or Thursday of this past week. I know that's only been a couple of days, but I never received any sort of confirmation from the website of my order. It's showing on my PayPal that the charge went through, and that Vance Metal Detectors was paid. I sent an email, and used the contact info on the website. I also messaged him through the company's Facebook page. The last post on there is from several months ago, so I was just curious if he's still doing the MD sales or not.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I can see why you'd wonder. Seems like an acknowledgement would be good business.

On the other hand, it is a slow time of the year for many businesses with holidays and all. Perhaps they took a few days off.

Did you try?

Vance.jpg

How much time do you have to dispute the transaction with PayPal?

Finally - you could go over to the Clubs sub-forum and see if there is a Kentucky club or TN member near the shop to ask.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other sites I've used (Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors and DigThatBeep) I always get a confirmation of my order, and really quick responses to questions, so I was just curious.... that's the reason for my post. I think you have several months with PayPal, so if I don't hear something at least by mid of next week, I'll proceed with trying to get my money back.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to buy from him a couple months ago. Never heard a word from him, never got my order, called his phone, it goes straight to a full voicemail. I emailed him numerous times with no responce. Had to file with PayPal and it took a month to get my money back after no response from him.. I posted here, and find mall trying to warn folks. I would file with paypal asap. Good luck.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you thought of looking on his local BBB site to see if there were any complaints made? If not filing a complaint might wake him up. Send a certified return receipt letter asking about your order & asking for a refund. This does two things. It lets you know someone is still in town receiving mail, and lets him know if you went to this effort a lawsuit may be your next step.

Almost forgot! Just mentioning turning "this matter" over to the State Attorneys office seems to wield some weight especially with insurance companies!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to buy from him a couple months ago. Never heard a word from him, never got my order, called his phone, it goes straight to a full voicemail. I emailed him numerous times with no responce. Had to file with PayPal and it took a month to get my money back after no response from him.. I posted here, and find mall trying to warn folks. I would file with paypal asap. Good luck.

Wow, OK. I filed a dispute with PayPal last night actually. Honestly in my searches I did not see your post with the warning. All the reviews I saw were praising the quality of the Vance Muffs, and from people who's opinions I respect (Andy Sabisch, Ed Huffman, etc). If PayPal doesn't get a response from him, hopefully it won't take long to get my money refunded.

OP
OP
S

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you thought of looking on his local BBB site to see if there were any complaints made? If not filing a complaint might wake him up. Send a certified return receipt letter asking about your order & asking for a refund. This does two things. It lets you know someone is still in town receiving mail, and lets him know if you went to this effort a lawsuit may be your next step.

Almost forgot! Just mentioning turning "this matter" over to the State Attorneys office seems to wield some weight especially with insurance companies!

I did not think about that. That's my ignorance for not doing further research. I didn't see Jackalope's warning posts either. As I mentioned to him, the only posts I saw were positive reviews for the Vance Muffs.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, OK. I filed a dispute with PayPal last night actually. Honestly in my searches I did not see your post with the warning. All the reviews I saw were praising the quality of the Vance Muffs, and from people who's opinions I respect (Andy Sabisch, Ed Huffman, etc). If PayPal doesn't get a response from him, hopefully it won't take long to get my money refunded.

Here is my thread

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/vendor-reviews/521636-vance-metal-detectors-beware.html

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I ended up getting a set of earphones and they rock. Can't remember name but will go look them up.

OP
OP
S

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also I ended up getting a set of earphones and they rock. Can't remember name but will go look them up.

Thanks, I appreciate that! I did find these after some more searching, they're called The Wireless Whispers from Central Searchers Quantum Series from treasurehuntingoutfitters.com

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. I bought them through indian nations detectors.. he made have added the ws4 plate to them? It looks factory and sound green better

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I just got my XP Deus, and I was looking for some over the ear headphones with good reviews. Everything I read about the Vance Muffs were good, so I placed an order on his site. My PayPal was charged, but I never got any sort of confirmation about my order. I've tried getting in touch with him, emailing him, messaging on FB etc but have yet to hear back.
Been dealing with Jeremy now for 4 years. The best dealer I've ever dealt with. He's been away for over 2 weeks on his annual relic hunting trip. YOU NEED TO CALL HIM ON A PHONE 502-262-0356. You placed the order on Thurs, filed a claim with Paypal today. Your money has been refunded. Call him tomorrow morning if you want to chat, he's been driving for hours and has 6 more to go before he gets home.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is Vance jackalope I don't know who you are but all's you had to do was call me I assure you I do not have any Paypal disputes, I have been in South Carolina on vacation for 15 days the OP put an order in the 12th of January and filed a Paypal dispute on the 14th of January I just went through PayPal and refunded your payment. My number is all over the internet in the future if I do not answer please leave a message. Thanks Vance

Last edited:

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Mike to you and my other customers who called me to inform me of this post

OP
OP
S

SigsDigs

Greenie
Jan 14, 2017
Franklin County, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is Vance jackalope I don't know who you are but all's you had to do was call me I assure you I do not have any Paypal disputes, I have been in South Carolina on vacation for 15 days the OP put an order in the 12th of January and filed a Paypal dispute on the 14th of January I just went through PayPal and refunded your payment. My number is all over the internet in the future if I do not answer please leave a message. Thanks Vance

I don't have cell service where I'm at, so I was unable to call on the phone. I tried contacting him using every other contact info he had on his website. Surely if he can get on here to respond to this post he could have answered a quick email to let me know what was going on.

Thank you for the refund. Some sort of order confirmation or a quick email to make a customer aware that you're out of town and the order would be filled when you get back would have been nice. I live in an area with no cell service so I wasn't able to call, however I tried contacting you using the other contact info on your site. The original post was not an attack on you or your business, I was merely inquiring to see if anyone had ordered from you recently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread