Just bought a F75 LTD with Sun Ray FX-1 pinpointer

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of Black Widows for noisy areas but I normally use a pair of $4.99 headphones when I hunt. They allow me to hear my surroundings when hunting and are great in the heat. I do recommend you get a wireless set up, it's great not being tethered to the detector.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have Black Widows (DetectorPro).

More often I wear a Rattler (also DetectorPro) that only covers one ear. I can keep a little more "situational awareness" of my surroundings. The Black Widows put you in a dome of silence which is GREAT for faint signals and judging the tones but isolates you from the outside world. Sometimes a good thing & sometimes not.

More than once I have seen feet and looked up startled to find someone talking away at me that I had not heard.

Last summer was the first time I had tried earbuds. That may be the way to go as Loco mentioned. I have Phillips that have loops that go over & behind my ears to keep them in place with the repeated tugging of setting the detector down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See that's why I like the headphones. I don't want to be asked any questions. I like being in my own world when detecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread