I chose the DFX

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
After many mind boggling moments at dealers and online, I have finally chosen a DFX and picked up today. I hope to be using it soon, as I have other obligations at the moment, but after comparing features and all of the Treasure.net people, I think this will be a fun and reliable unit with a good support system from the dealer I dealt with and from what people say here, great support from the manufacturer, too.

Upvote 0

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Congrats...

you'll love the machine. Just make sure you take the time to learn it well, or you may get frustrated. If you have any questions, you can ask here. There are several knowledgable people regarding that machine

The two pieces of advice I give everyone about the DFX are as follows:
1. get Jeff Foster's book Digging Deeper With the DFX
2. join www.dfxonly.com

steve

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great machine in the DFX. Steve is right on you loving it and it is not all that hard to learn. Be sure to follow Steve's advice and get the Jeff Foster's book and any other you come across.

Your going to enjoy the heck out of it.

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
congrats on your purchase , it takes a little while to get use to it . but i have no doubt you'll like its capabilities . one of the first things i'd do is to turn the tone i.d. on and get use to the different tones ,then turn on the v.c.o. on it will help with pinpointing targets . good luck

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Great choice your gonna love it!!!!!!Give it some time and don't get discouraged,it will come to ya.The learning curve isn't that bad but definetly get the book.....hh rh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions