Help a new member choose a detector

Jan 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I bought a cheap bounty hunter at a yard sale, dug a bunch of trash and gave it up. Last summer I had lost some tools in the field and borrowed a newer one from a coworker and ended up finding a couple of wheat cents. I've been looking at detectors under $1000 but I can't seem to narrow it down.

Under $1000
Will be used on a trashy farm with several old demolished cabins/barns in sandy IND. soil.
Will also be used in shallow creeks (1-4ft) So the coil needs to be waterproof
Property was owned by poor farmers, as far as I know. Expecting a lot of pennies and maybe some silvers, but gold? eh you never know.
No civil war relics around here, lots of rusty nails and trash.
No I'm not going to list the detectors I've been looking at, I want fresh opinions.

Thanks

Upvote 0

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a cat who goes out in the rain and gets dirty and smelly. I wish that she is water proof.

Me too my cat does the same thing, I thought they are suppose to hate the water I am with you I am buying him a raincoat, maybe they could hook up together someday and we would never have to worry about them anymore draggin in the mud. Oh I drag in the mud my wife gets pissed at me for doing that after a day of detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread