What else is needed?

51Relic

Greenie
Jan 20, 2017
Prince Edward Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. After doing a lot of research, reading posts and articles at various MD sites, meeting with some experienced people and talking with dealers I have come up with my needs list. Most of my metal detecting will be done on land with the occasional beach or river stream. Obviously I can't rush out and get the best of everything right away but I am trying to get quality in what is necessary.

Comments and suggestions are welcome:

• XP DEUS WITH WS5 FULL SIZED WIRELESS HEADPHONES, REMOTE AND 11" SEARCH COIL
  • GARRETT PRO - POINTER AT
  • White's DigMaster Digging Tool with Double Sided Edge and Sheath
  • XP Deus soft carrying bag
  • XP DEUS Hipmount case & Silicon Shell
  • MD pouch/recovery bag
  • beach scoop (need research)
  • knee pads & gloves
  • trowel
  • shovel (need research)

The XP Deus is extravagant for a newbie I know, but I am confident in my interest and my ability to master the technology. (I have a few high-end, electronic telescopes from my other hobby) I also like the fact that the XP Deus can surprise in many worked over sites, which is certainly the case here on our small island.

What else might I need to spend my kids' inheritance on? :-)

Upvote 0

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
one suggestion I have is get one of those plastic scoops the prospectors use for locating gold nuggets when they dig them out they are very handy when metal detecting scoop up the dirt wave it over your coil and if detector sounds off item is in scoop if it does not put dirt back in hole and get another scoop vary easy to locte your detected items

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good pin pointer is much faster and easier to carry.

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
51RELIC, Also take into consideration the area you will be hunting. That will determine what you might take and not take. I hunt a very large open area where its not necessary to dig a nice plug and worry about the dirt so I dont take something to place the soil on. If im hunting a permission then yea, I will take a rag.
In my vehicle I have a large tool bag that I keep, batteries, coils, first aid kit, gloves, extra shoes, rags, extra digging tool, extra head phones, canteen and a small backpack in case I need to take some stuff with me on a long hiking trip. I stopped using knee pads, gloves and, a pinpointer on most hunts, but I have them available in case I need them.
Good Luck Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread