How to find places to hunt

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Hello

I am sure I am not the first person to try this but it has gotten me a couple of places to hunt. I contacted my insurance agent and told him if he needed a lost piece of jewelry found I would be happy to help him out. Sometimes there is a finders fee sometimes not. I have only tried to find one ring so far this way, and couldn't but I did get several coins that way. The other thing I have done is contacted a few realtors I know and let them know I detect and that if they ever have a client who is selling their home and knows they lost something valuable, I will detect the property for them and return the item as long as I get to keep the other finds. So far I haven't gotten to do this but a couple of the realtors I know said they would call when they run across this situation.

Upvote 0

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
My insurance agent called me to look for a ring in some guys yard I was their for about a 1 or 2 but I could not find the ring I did find a toy car that was in the yard.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done insurance work and unless your paid for your time, it isn't worth it. You do get to search some strange places though an since your on someones grass ya can't be doing any digging as the ring is most likely on top of the ground. If it is really in the yard at all. It could have been hocked for the insurance money.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Try finding old churches (Normally the oldest building around) or the sites where they were, then find the old paths leading to it, and detect those.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Research old historic buildings in your area...Find old photographs of parks....Check out old swimming holes...It all comes down to research.... ;D

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
mastereagle22 said:
Hello

I am sure I am not the first person to try this but it has gotten me a couple of places to hunt. I contacted my insurance agent and told him if he needed a lost piece of jewelry found I would be happy to help him out. Sometimes there is a finders fee sometimes not. I have only tried to find one ring so far this way, and couldn't but I did get several coins that way. The other thing I have done is contacted a few realtors I know and let them know I detect and that if they ever have a client who is selling their home and knows they lost something valuable, I will detect the property for them and return the item as long as I get to keep the other finds. So far I haven't gotten to do this but a couple of the realtors I know said they would call when they run across this situation.

This is a great idea,and I have actually been calling realtors the past week,so it's kind of ironic reading your post.Still waiting on my first returned call,but atleast i'm putting myself out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions