pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone would like to post a pic or two here, of the support equipment you take along to a site.
People new to detecting often ask about what they may need besides their new detector, so I thought some pics of what y'all use could be helpful. The different areas we hunt will obviously determine what we bring, and It'll be good to see all that. I most often hunt around old camping and picnic areas of my local mountains, but sometimes do city parks.
I'm looking for older coins, jewelry and the occasional relics.

When I'm out detecting, I wear the kneepads, belt holding my Buzz-Bomb sheath with digger & pinpointer, finds apron (from Lowes; dyed it green) and headphones. Spare battery, extra glove and apron, bug spray and net, headlamp etc., all stay in the carry bag in the car. I probably look a little goofy out there but don't care. :tongue3:

What all do you take with?

Here's what I use ↓

IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You carry too much with you!

Safety stuff? You should have that permanently stocked in your vehicle. In the dirt I carry my Omegamill mesh bottom pouch which carries my Lesche and Carrot, plus a short tack puller for shallow targets and a towel to hold the dirt from the holes I dig. Extra batteries & stuff, they can stay with your safety equipment. I do carry the headphones separate. I find that my head is a great place to carry them.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mesh bag on my belt loop, detector in left hand, digger in right, knee pad on right knee
what else do you need? ( well besides a beer holder?)

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..really?

You carry too much with you!..

As I said above... I walk with kneepads, belt & sheath (holding digger and pinpointer), a finds apron and headphones.... Too much to walk around with? All of that must weigh...about three pounds.

My bag with additional items stays in the car.

The idea of this thread was to show off your support items..:sunny:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not gonna dig out gear for a pic...but here goes....
GOT to wear my Big Boys Hobbys shirt, Garrett pouch, AT Propointer, Lesche, also one knee pad, right knee.
Almost always pack a cooler, assorted drinks, but always one beer, just in case I need to celebrate a silver.
I will always have my extra batteries, coil, towels, and assorted gear not too far away in the truck.
Oh, and business cards...useless if left at the house.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG SHOVEL. I dig big holes in the woods then cover them up so nobody knows I was there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not gonna dig out gear for a pic...but here goes....
GOT to wear my Big Boys Hobbys shirt, Garrett pouch, AT Propointer, Lesche, also one knee pad, right knee.
Almost always pack a cooler, assorted drinks, but always one beer, just in case I need to celebrate a silver.
I will always have my extra batteries, coil, towels, and assorted gear not too far away in the truck.
Oh, and business cards...useless if left at the house.

one beer??? you girl

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BIG SHOVEL. I dig big holes in the woods then cover them up so nobody knows I was there.

big holes? and I am meeting you for a hunt? ( better update my will)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weed. Lot's of weed. :icon_thumright:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heavy drinking in out in the heat?....
Gettin to old for that....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a pic I took early in the summer of 2015 of all my gear. Most of the Gear stays in the Mazda MPV. I built a shelf for the back that allows me the gear out of site.

My back-up/loaner detector at that time was a Whites Classic ID II which my boss was borrowing.

20150703_100637.jpg

added a probe for the F75

th (3).jpg

I have since sold the Whites and now have a Fisher F2 w/2 coils (8" & 4") as my loaner.

F2.jpg

I traded my 10' boat & trailer for an XP Deus

deus-option-2-20160127.png

Xmas 2015 addition Garrett Carrot

20151212_094137.jpg

Lesche Sampson Serrated T-Handle Shovel and Holster xmas 2016

$_12.jpg Shovel Holster.jpg

Added 2 more coils for the F75, the Fisher 6.5" eliptical and a Nel Sharpshooter 9.5" x 5.5"

12-6coile_1f.jpg 1686-1020_2f.jpg

I also went wireless (xmas 2016) using this

41ERT7oDa8L._SY355_.jpg

In the warmer months I keep a 6 pack cooler in the van with bottled water, 3 freezer packs and spare AA and 9v batteries.

I have extra lower shafts attached to all my coils except one, but it is on it's way. I do this to make coil swap outs quick and easy.

I do think the detecting bug bit me bad. :laughing7:

I have been contemplating getting a used Minelab to add to my arsenal.

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord you guys have some gear. The only thing I bring besides detector, finds pouch, pinpointer, and shovel/digger is a camelbak with water.

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget your felon repellent Screenshot_2017-01-28-13-33-06.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

LoyalistDigger

Dec 14, 2015
Strathcona County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK...so the OP wanted to see stuff. Here goes....

Around my waist I have a pouch with pinpointer, digger and pepper spray on the belt. Pepper spray may come off if dogs, bears and felons are not perceived threats in the location I am working. Have also been known to attach another pouch for a water bottle in the summer.

MDK1.jpg

If you look in some of the pockets of the pouch, you will find a soft tooth brush, a flashlight, a loupe and a magnet to check those silver coins.

MDK3.jpg

I will generally wear the knee pads, headphones and gloves.

MDK2.jpg

And depending where I'm going and how far way it is from the vehicle, all this stuff may be in a backpack or back in the vehicle. I use the 25 cent orange blocks to grid a field if that's the days target, seasonal bug juice, spare batteries, first aid stuff and the all important bum wad. No leaves on my delicate posterior....LOL

MDK4.jpg

Detector and shovel not depicted.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK...so the OP wanted to see stuff. Here goes....

Around my waist I have a pouch with pinpointer, digger and pepper spray on the belt. Pepper spray may come off if dogs, bears and felons are not perceived threats in the location I am working. Have also been known to attach another pouch for a water bottle in the summer.

View attachment 1407772

If you look in some of the pockets of the pouch, you will find a soft tooth brush, a flashlight, a loupe and a magnet to check those silver coins.

View attachment 1407774

I will generally wear the knee pads, headphones and gloves.

View attachment 1407773

And depending where I'm going and how far way it is from the vehicle, all this stuff may be in a backpack or back in the vehicle. I use the 25 cent orange blocks to grid a field if that's the days target, seasonal bug juice, spare batteries, first aid stuff and the all important bum wad. No leaves on my delicate posterior....LOL

View attachment 1407778

Detector and shovel not depicted.

I like your little cones, but I find that tennis balls work great and when you swing up to one you can use the coil to sweep it over to the new line and continue your grid, I use the long driveway reflectors to grid areas which have tall grass so they are easily seen where as the tennis balls would be hidden. If the site has been recently mowed I use the tire tracks to stay on grid. By the way all those tennis balls cost less than 3 bucks since I found many of them over the past 3 years.

LoyalistDigger

Dec 14, 2015
Strathcona County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your little cones, but I find that tennis balls work great and when you swing up to one you can use the coil to sweep it over to the new line and continue your grid, I use the long driveway reflectors to grid areas which have tall grass so they are easily seen where as the tennis balls would be hidden. If the site has been recently mowed I use the tire tracks to stay on grid. By the way all those tennis balls cost less than 3 bucks since I found many of them over the past 3 years.

Tennis balls.....I like that idea. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread