Hat sugestions

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer hard hat and yellow safety vest for instant access to any site

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
index.jpg

seriously. though I have one of these

inde.jpg

ball caps

treasurenet_cap.jpg

are best with headphones imo

Last edited:
OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want a treasurenet hat, are they available?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not from a Supporting Vendor.

but designed by The original Creator Of TreasureNet

hats.jpg
and sold on Cafepress

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bucket hat...

IMG_0464.JPG

I wear a bucket hat; have for the past 25 years. Looks like Lance's on "Detectorists". Fits snuggly over the headphones and keeps my nose and ears from being too sunburned. Can wad it up & shove it in a pocket, put it back on and it looks the same...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it depends on the weather. If it's a real scorcher, I use the ball cap with the neck sunguard. If it's rainy, I have a Frogg Toggs hoodie over my ball cap. Otherwise usually just a ball cap. Most of the other hats I've tried get in the way of the headphones.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the hat with neck cover, but have heard some complain that it can get hot when there's no breeze. You could also cut some vent slits in the neck cover, preferably having someone that can sew use a sewing machine to zigzag stitch around the slits to prevent unexpected tearing.

Jeff, when you gonna have more Tnet caps made for distribution to ALL members?? :laughing7:

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for the replies. I already have a neck drape that has an elastic band to go around a ball cap but it gets way to hot. I am looking into the booney hat or a bucket hat

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wear my "indiana jones" oil cloth hat just incase i need to yell at someone that it belongs in a museum.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I started wearing a wide-brim hat I got at REI after one too many skin cancer scares. It is made of quick-dry material and has a mesh area going around the edge of the top. It doesn't get too hot and definitely gives plenty of sun protection. The only negative is that it doesn't work well with typical over-the-ear headphones. I am working on getting a wireless earbud type setup with my AT Pro. So far, that is work in progress.

Edited to add: If you don't care about wireless, there may be some wired, behind-the-neck style headphones that would work with a wide-brim hat.

Last edited:

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a wide brimmed water repellent felt hat in cool wet weather and a wide brimmed mesh fishing hat in warm weather which is most of the year here. The wide brims keep my ears, nose, and neck from getting burned in the Texas sun. Light weight headphones around the back of the neck stay in place just ok on my ears, your mileage may vary. I don't like the dangling wire type ear buds which are fine while wearing them, but would be very fragile when laying the detector down or taking them out of your ears. I have had several sets of IPhone type buds fail at the cord connection to the bud. What we need is a good set of ear buds that are mounted like a Dr.s stethoscope. Ridged mount but still light, and hang under the chin.

Maybe something to invent?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Heh, when does it ever get "cool" in Galveston area?? :laughing7:

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plain old boonie hat that you can snap the sides up on. Actually stays cooler than most ball caps now days.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I prefer hard hat and yellow safety vest for instant access to any site

Add a white truck with side mount tool boxes and an amber flashing light on top and you're in there.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found that I can get better depth with my EMI shield hat on.

metalfoil head.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1408197

seriously. though I have one of these

View attachment 1408198

ball caps

View attachment 1408199

are best with headphones imo
I've got a couple of the second photo. Works great! You can fold the curtain part up over the top when it starts holding heat in and still get your phones on. Think I'm gonna try n find the one in the first picture!!! I'd look cute & it'd deter the nosey lookie loos. You know the ones that'll stand there and scream at the top of their lungs ten times Whatcha finding? till you pull a hone off and say "dead bodies"

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going with a boonie type hat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread