Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a late start today,after doing my research last night but I went and looked for it anyway and I found it, IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1679.JPG IMG_1684.JPG IMG_1686.JPG smack in the middle of the woods. Only had a chance to find one 1943 wheat penny, because the mosquitoes were getting bad. I can't wait to see what's out there. IMG_1677.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's going to be a fun search!!! Don't forget to search the window / door frames and walls! I've had real good luck with them. If you've never done building searches remember the windows sometimes have sash weights. So, you probably haven't found 20 pounds of goodies. Wood floor? Check very carefully for anything even remotely out of the ordinary! I'd rather do one building search than 10 site searches. The bridge would really perk my curiosity the boards are worth looking at for out of place abnormalities, and both banks downstream. I think you're going to have a blast searching this one!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's going to be a fun search!!! Don't forget to search the window / door frames and walls! I've had real good luck with them. If you've never done building searches remember the windows sometimes have sash weights. So, you probably haven't found 20 pounds of goodies. Wood floor? Check very carefully for anything even remotely out of the ordinary! I'd rather do one building search than 10 site searches. The bridge would really perk my curiosity the boards are worth looking at for out of place abnormalities, and both banks downstream. I think you're going to have a blast searching this one!!!

Thank you Boogie so much for those tips. I'm going to check all those places i would have never thought of that. I can't wait. I'm gonna use my 5" DD. I know it goes back at least the 1930's. I see these MD'ing woods in video and all the trees are nicely spread apart. Our woods are thick as hell. More like a jungle.
IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1681.JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See if you can find out were the out house stood and detect between that spot and the nearest door on the house. There is also a good chance to find the trash pit and old burn pile which can produce older bottles, coins, tokens, and relics.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I take it that house is not too far off the beaten path is it.

Well you know what to do, MD it all, use your two best machines. DO not forget about that creek either.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See if you can find out were the out house stood and detect between that spot and the nearest door on the house. There is also a good chance to find the trash pit and old burn pile which can produce older bottles, coins, tokens, and relics.

Thanks Loco I will. It might be tomorrow. Thanks for the great tips.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take it that house is not too far off the beaten path is it.

Well you know what to do, MD it all, use your two best machines. DO not forget about that creek either.

No it's not too far and I'm going to use my Fisher F75 and my ATP. Now are creeks and rivers have San bottoms I don't have any rocks. I think that's gonna make it harder no?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
No it's not too far and I'm going to use my Fisher F75 and my ATP. Now are creeks and rivers have San bottoms I don't have any rocks. I think that's gonna make it harder no?

Could make it harder; if you have a weed eater then clean those banks up and start on them. I will use a weed eater in over grown areas that I want to grid out. Place like this I would bet has been hit before, so you have to really check everything twice, use those two machines with other settings, and hope that you know your machines and settings better than the previous hunters.

I wish you the best of luck, and please by all means keep us up dated, especially if you find that trolls treasure under that bridge.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Looks like a great place to hunt.
Nobody but me is curious about the 1943 wheat penny? They are hard to find since they are made of steel. Well 99.9999999999999999999999999% of them are.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a great place to hunt.
Nobody but me is curious about the 1943 wheat penny? They are hard to find since they are made of steel. Well 99.9999999999999999999999999% of them are.

I bet it is a 1948 with crud on it. Hey Truth1253, Google: 1943 copper cent, and see what the deal is on it.

Well played XR7!

Best of luck on the new site!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome!

Great advice given.

One more - bring a leaf rake and a garden rake to leave stashed out there. Sometimes they are very helpful clearing steel wires and tin cans off the surface, not to mention sticks and rocks.

Fireplace cleaned out. Hammock and blanket spread out inside.... you could squat there! :laughing7:

Can't wait to see the goods from there. 8-)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't forget to take beer

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freaking awesome! See, I knew you had some cool places close to you.

I'm jealous!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find where the clothesline was that might be a good spot to check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread