Nautilus DMC 2B

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Download a manual and practice, practice, practice.... then sell it and get a Tesoro Tejon. I bought one a few years ago and got really sick of taking 15 to 20 minutes to get it set up and when I figured out that my Tejon was getting the same targets at the same depth, I sold it. I believe Kellyco has free downloadable manuals.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are some instructional videos on YouTube. TN won't let me post a link to them. As Indian Steve alluded to, setting up and tuning a Nautilus is involved and very detailed and difficult to explain in writing. The benefit to sticking with it is you can get a very deep seeking machine out of it. Best bet is finding a video online and building a test garden out back to test it with.

Tip. Using an allen wrench remove the front knobs (where your coil cord connects) and place homemade neoprene or some other spongy material washer down then put the knobs back on. branches love to bump the knobs and it messes up the tune you did. You also should retune your machine as the day warms or when you move onto different soil.

I bought a whites metal detector pole with hand grip and mounted the box at the end under the arm. rewired the back button to the button in handle too but that requires drilling holes in the box and some soldering. There are some videos you can find to show you how to do it.A lot of work but made a more manageable machine to swing and was a big break on my elbow. I'm old as dirt and the weight eventually got to my shoulder so I went and got a Fisher F75 and sold the nauty.

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect, the Tejon will NEVER go as deep as the naughty in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.
Nautilus makes some of the deepest seeking detectors in the world but they're too old school for most people to handle.
Anyone who masters this detector will have a big advantage over most relic hunters.
Start stocking up on 9 volt batteries!

OP
OP
J

Joshuriggs

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
Kinston NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Nautilus VLF Nautilus DMC2B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting