🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So here is my "dilemma"
i love my CTX 3030. Use it 100% of the times I hunt. It's starting to get a little rough around the edges and almost out of warranty. I hunt more at the beach than do dirt and I'm now down to just only one machine(sold off some detectors I wasn't using). Here are my options:
A-keep my CTX and get an Excal(giving my CTX a break from the saltwater).
B-trade in my CTX for a new CTX.
C-another option you can come up with.
What do you all think?

Upvote 0

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK keep the ctx and if it needs repair just get it fixed.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep the CTX, maybe send it in for a tune-up and new seals and buy an XP Deus package. You'll have the best of both worlds, FBS & VLF. A majority of my detectors were bought used and have never had any issues with performance. Manufacturer warranties are only there to cover manufacturing/design issues. The detector does not need to be under warranty to be fun to use. I have only had one warranty repair and that was for the switch on my Garrett Carrot this past summer. Having your CTX sent in to an approved repair facility for a tune-up (re-calibration) will give you confidence in it's operations and to have new seals installed by trained technicians will give you peace of mind as you continue to detect in the water.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A" would be my choice. That way, you have a backup detector in case the CTX goes down. I hate getting detector withdrawal! :laughing7:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the CTX and buy another CTX It worked for me LOL!

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I chose A. Just purchased a used Excalibur 1000 fresh from Kellyco with new coil, headphones, battery, seals for $700. Can't wait.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You live on Long Island, therefore you are fortunate to have access to ocean beaches year round. Why aren't you using an Induction Balance machine!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread