Looking to upgrade from my AT-Pro...Suggestions?

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using an AT-Pro ( with 5x8 coil) for the past 4 seasons. I hunt exclusively in the woods, searching for old coins and relics. This detector has performed very well, but I can't help but wonder what deeper targets I might be missing. I would like to up-grade to a machine that 's as light and well balanced as the AT-Pro, but that will also allow me to gain some depth. I've been leaning toward the Deus, but would be open to other ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Upvote 0

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garret's coming out with a newer AT model in the next couple of months, so definitely keep an eye out for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think the vaquero is hard to beat for hunting like that. Feather lite, deep, simple to use. Sounds like you will be digging most any signal you find. I love the analog audio of the V.
For the money its hard to beat.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deus, 2.2 pounds. I'm regularly finding Cuff sized Flat Buttons 8-10", and Med sized Flats 10-13". You would feel right at home with it in Full Tones.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I had the $$ I'd keep up with the Jones and pick up a Deus. Many of my respected fellow diggers have gone to them and are pulling stuff up from previously pounded sites and bragging how much they like the Deus.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the same thing I just bought a Fisher F75 LTD. I haven't found anything better than I did with my ATP yet, but I can definitely say it goes deeper, also I'm still on the learning curve with the VDI's. I found a 1919 wheat penny to 12 inches deep and that's with not exaggerating and I think ATP would've missed that one. I also made them wireless so that's a whole nother freedom. I'm 3 months into it so we'll see. But I would highly recommend it if you want some power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had the $$ I'd keep up with the Jones and pick up a Deus. Many of my respected fellow diggers have gone to them and are pulling stuff up from previously pounded sites and bragging how much they like the Deus.

If I wouldn't of had the guilt of spending that much money on a 2nd metal detector I would've gotten the Deus. Guilt sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the guilt? Can always sell your old model to subsidize the new.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro Racer 2
Minelab Safari / Etrac
Whites v3i
Tesoro Tejon

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try a Tesoro Sand Shark.... deepseeking ,lightweight and waterproof.In a fairly clean environment you can't go wrong.It's easy to adjust the proper settings and then simply beep and dig.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Go Deus!

Light and wireless... you will never look back.

CTX is also good, but heavy and sort of like a military tank.

JeremiahEdward

Aug 7, 2016
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garret's coming out with a newer AT model in the next couple of months, so definitely keep an eye out for that.

Where was this announced? I would like to check it out. Thanks!

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Where was this announced? I would like to check it out. Thanks!

It hasn't been officially announced yet, but it has been acknowledged by a few sponsors and dealers.

From what I can gather, it's going to be a new model in and of itself rather than something like just a revision to an existing model. It's also said to have some sort of wireless technology. Whether that's wireless for headphones like their Z-Lync system or wireless in the sense of the Deus, I don't know. The other feature I've heard about is a backlight for the display. Lastly, we're looking at a Springtime launch window, most likely.

When it comes to pricing, nothing is known for sure, but there's speculation that it'll have an $800-$900 price point.

And that is all I know about it. Perhaps some other members have more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I need something submergible

Are you actively diving with the machine or just submerging the coil into rivers and streams from the banks? If it's the latter then being completely submersible isn't a necessity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread