The day after a good day, it's like you go into the DT's

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday's two silver rings, and I wake up this morning wanting to do it again. Two cups of coffee did not ease the frantic desire to go dig in the dirt again. Kept eating at me this morning.

I may need to join one of those psycho groups like AA.

So I took a very long walk up the East ridge to an old home site dating way back, as old as my "occupied" property (Meaning after we took it from the Cherokee). I just had to get out again.

Took my 1265X, way way overgrown. Only spent maybe a half hour there. There was something big living under that long abandoned house and I don't believe that I could have whipped it if it thought I was a danger, I'm thinking bear.

I cooled my fever, found a 1919 wheat. No point in taking a picture, we all know what wheats look like.

Sometimes you just gotta go :)

Keep the faith, and get out as often as possible.

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt! How about a pic of the house?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt! How about a pic of the house?

I'll need to walk back up there to take a picture. 3 chimneys, one of rock, the other two brick. I'd say the brick chimneys date to the turn of the century. The house had been abandoned since probably WW2. Their family went on to sire a former governor of the state of Virginia, and they have a much much nicer house down the road from me.

One of the local timber moguls owns the property now, I've permission. I hadn't been up that ridge in years, steep and quite a trek. I don't think the house will be standing 20 years from now, whole lot of sagging going on. So grown up, a proper coil swing was impossible!

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better than I did up there. I didn't find a single coin. Is the place still covered in briars?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I'm with you brother, it's hard sometimes and you just have to feed the dragon. I set low expectations and a wheat keeps me from being skunked, Congrats on not getting skunked. I can b - b - bearly wait to see read about your next adventure.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You did better than I did up there. I didn't find a single coin. Is the place still covered in briars?

Them green briars, you don't just walk through there. Every step of the way. You'd be ripped to shreds if you didn't navigate. Some years ago somebody went up and dropped the trees in the yard, so you really couldn't swing that much. Got that wheat on the road side of the house, right beneath to that door into the older part. It looks like someone went up there, a lot of hay spread and there's like tunnels under the house. I'll have to get pictures maybe tomorrow, hope to anyway. The VA takes all of Friday.

I gotta keep that wheat out separate! Can't just throw it into the pile, it's heritage :)

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hear ya Brother. The pull is strong. Take it one swing at a time. Discussed my addiction...errrr... commitment to metal detecting in an earlier post. One respondent asked if I was suffering from NDD - Nature Deficit Disorder, characterized by not being outside enough swinging a metal detector. After much discussion, it was determined that I was just plain Nuts. Hope you have better luck. Just don't let minor things prevent you from detecting, like food, water, sleep or even bathroom facilities. A few scrapes and pricks from some ole briers, don't even feel them. Who knows what the next target will be? Keep digging. Keep digging. Keep digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread