Where are the new machines????

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Well here we are with spring right around the corner. So where are the new machines? ML with some gold machine, and Tesoro with another box machine(I guess these can't fail when you build on top of proven platforms) I say BIG DEAL! Where is the real innovation? Where is the machine that makes us go, "WOW"? If they are planning a march release, then I guess they haven't learned from other companies, which released machines in the spring time. I say it time and time again, release in September. And what about the Deus? My father's theory was they were waiting to see what is coming out. Disappointments all around.

Upvote 0

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
x-rays, ground penetrating radar, micro waves, molecular analysis, as well as other technologies exist. Why not implement these?

B, the last time you posted this exact same suggestion, I replied "GPR is available right now, you can take it for a test drive." Have you done that? If GPR is what you think you want, why not just buy the durn thing and stop complaining?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... why not just buy the durn thing and stop complaining?

Because then he'll discover that pixel sizes are at the smallest: 1" across. Hence anything he/we look for (coins, rings, etc...), are ...... doh ... all "one pixel".

Then he'll complain that technology should be able to make the pixels 100x smaller. To which someone will tell him that this hits the laws of physics (info that is able to bounce off of objects in solid ground). And even IF you got the pixel size down to 1/100 of what they are now, you would STILL only have "a mess of blotchy pixels". Not some sort of magical TV image.

Nonetheless, the mantra will continue, and you'll keep repeating yourself, to no avail.

TexasCTX3030

Feb 25, 2017
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug - Loaner for my first ever find
My First Metal Detector Ever - CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to see something with like FLIR just as a version to see 12" in ground

TexasCTX3030 - Mario (NetHunter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldfleks, read your post #60. Your right. I did not consider that a "Super High Tech." approach might be something that you enjoy just for the sake of it in itself. I concede. And the disappointment of a gold looking ring NOT being gold? I know that feeling only to well I'm sorry to say.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see something with like FLIR just as a version to see 12" in ground

TexasCTX3030 - Mario (NetHunter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you want a "foward looking infra-red" camera? You know those have been around for years, but they can't see through dirt. Hell, they can't even see through glass. All they do is show you the radiating heat on the surfaces of what ever it sees.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
you want a "foward looking infra-red" camera? You know those have been around for years, but they can't see through dirt. Hell, they can't even see through glass. All they do is show you the radiating heat on the surfaces of what ever it sees.

But your observations will likewise fall on deaf ears.

In fact, I think you and Carl are all just shills, sent here by "those lazy engineers" who "just don't feel like spending money". It's all a grand conspiracy, because the manufacturers are making money re-packaging current technology each year, so why should they get off their duff and make new tech ?

So you and Carl are sent here, as nothing but shills, as part of the conspiracy. We're on to you ! 'Fess up !

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what a metal detector tells you, you still have to dig your own hole. When is someone going to figure out a way around that?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact, I think you and Carl are all just shills, sent here by "those lazy engineers" who "just don't feel like spending money".

Heck no, I'm one of those lazy engineers. In fact, I'm too lazy to even find a shill to post for me.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when folks who have no experience of the realities of the marketplace - much less of the tough process of design and development - accuse companies of "holding back" breakthrough technology so they can sell old tech.

You make real money with new, breakthrough products - products which leave the competition in the dust. Old tech, dated products become commodities, with a "race to the bottom" developing - price cutting left and right, profits vanishing.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In regards to treasuresalvor's post # 69. What a way to "bond" with a grandkid, you point, they dig. You keep all pre 64' coins, they keep the rest.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With microwaves, you are basically back to radar. Ground penetrating radar is pretty useless for finding small objects. The use of radar in mine detection is not based on its being able to detect the tiny metal parts of the mine, but its ability to detect the different density of the body of the mine from the ground matrix. It is also a high power consumption technique.

Last edited:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can someone please tell me why GPS is even remotely usable in metal detecting??

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be vital, if documentation of the exact location of objects found is important. Of course getting so-called "Centimeter accuracy" has up to now required expensive and bulky differential GPS systems.

Other than that, some folks like to have a record of where they have been, especially useful in electronic prospecting - like gold nugget hunting.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can someone please tell me why GPS is even remotely usable in metal detecting??

It depends on the user! If you are a yard and curbstrip hunter, then no, GPS is probably not a big help. However, FOR ME, I hunt wide open fields. There are no reference points for where I hunted already and what I haven't. The GPS in my CTX resulted in an incredible silver strike including an 1895-O Barber dime (look it up if you don't know). How? Because I tracked all my coin finds. In my wandering I found an IH. Not a big deal, this field was full of them, but then I found another and another. Looking at their locations told me I needed to check THAT SPOT more closely. I found a barber dime and more silver. Now I had a clear visual on location AND PATTERN. I couldn't walk back out into that field and find where to pick up the hunt if I didn't have GPS to lead me back.

Just because it's not useful to you, don't assume it's not useful to anyone else.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see it embedded in my system, so I can push a button that says "good find" or "coin" or something when I've dug something nice. Being able to download a track of where you've been in a location and then pattern where the drops are would be amazing. As it stands, I have to do it in my head, because actually mapping on a hard copy would take too blasted long to be worth the time/return.

Basically, if I could go to a park, detect it over a period of a year, and then map all those drops over all 50 of those hunts, I'm sure a heat map would form of the most viable locations to hit in the future.

It's about DATA... :)

Kinda like these GPS plots show? I bet you can find the hot spots and track line I have been following, LOL

finds GPS.JPG

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
With microwaves, you are basically back to radar. Ground penetrating radar is pretty useless for finding small objects. The use of radar in mine detection is not based on its being able to detect the tiny metal parts of the mine, but its ability to detect the different density of the body of the mine from the ground matrix. It is also a high power consumption technique.

Somebody didn't read the article.

Perhaps 15 years ago you were correct. In 2017 You are now wrong. Physics- FTW!

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda like these GPS plots show? I bet you can find the hot spots and track line I have been following, LOL

View attachment 1421075

First time I've seen that. Love it.

Just wish it was more widely available in units other than just the CTX3030.

Which is a lot of what I've been talking about. Features that are found on 10-year-old phones, should be standard on all detectors in 2017.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread