Where are the new machines????

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Well here we are with spring right around the corner. So where are the new machines? ML with some gold machine, and Tesoro with another box machine(I guess these can't fail when you build on top of proven platforms) I say BIG DEAL! Where is the real innovation? Where is the machine that makes us go, "WOW"? If they are planning a march release, then I guess they haven't learned from other companies, which released machines in the spring time. I say it time and time again, release in September. And what about the Deus? My father's theory was they were waiting to see what is coming out. Disappointments all around.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

cammobunker

May 27, 2008
NW Ar-kan-saw
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Mojave, Cibola. Deteknix Pinpointer. Mark I Mod 0 eyeball, too.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that my old Tesoro Compadre is a faithful tot-lot huntin' buddy, but the new Mojave is makin' him sweat, what with swappable coils and all. I'm not wild about the Fisher-Price color scheme on the Disc knob, but a $250 machine that'll work in my soil here-which just kills Fisher and Garrett lower-end machines, including the highly vaunted ACE series, absolutely has my interest.

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
This post was from about a year ago and look at the slew of new machines that came out. I have to say that I am impressed with some of the inroads manufacturers made this past year!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,, right now my arsenal is full and i am happy with what I have. Do I really need another detector? I guess that is kind of asking a woman if she really needs another pair of shoes,, lol.
I'm keeping an eye on the Equinox.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
This post was from about a year ago and look at the slew of new machines that came out. I have to say that I am impressed with some of the inroads manufacturers made this past year!

What particular machine(s) did you have in mind ? The current equinox' ability can be replicated (IMHO) in several machines currently on the market. So I would classify that in the "bells and whistles" dept. of things. Because it's perhaps combined the various venues to where you can have a single machine, to switch back and forth between objectives. Contrast to some earlier machines that promised to be cross-overs, yet ... had compromises in each venue. BUT AS WE ALL KNOW: that debate is being played out as-we-speak. Eg.: is it deeper ? Does it un-mask better than an old school 2-filter Tesoro or Racer or whatever ? Etc...

But as for target ID: (aluminum vs gold) or shape-showing : Nothing at all in the "slew of machines" from the last year, has changed any of that.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a new machine coming soon that triples depth of top machines. LCD high resolution display with ground penetrating imaging.
Imaging displays real time imaging of ground matrix and treasures. GPS enabled to geolocate items for future refernece. Able to recommend places to hunt for valuable relics, coins, and caches. Internet capable via satellite uplink and downlink transponders. (Weather permitting). Ground balance works in all soils, mineralizations and salts. Capable of chemical and mineral analysis of all soils and sands. Multiple frequencies and custom programs.

Manufacturer guarantees performance or money back. No questions asked. Also, voice feedback in over 30 languages. Can be programmed to respond to your voice commands in a nice female "sexy" voice. Forgot to mention, it wakes you in a gentle tone and makes breakfast for you too.

Best part......suggested retail at $499.
Comes with free carrying case, probe, extra size coils, book, DVD, and self digging trowel.

COOL! Does it come with a Long range locator as an accessory?

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
What particular machine(s) did you have in mind ? The current equinox' ability can be replicated (IMHO) in several machines currently on the market. So I would classify that in the "bells and whistles" dept. of things. Because it's perhaps combined the various venues to where you can have a single machine, to switch back and forth between objectives. Contrast to some earlier machines that promised to be cross-overs, yet ... had compromises in each venue. BUT AS WE ALL KNOW: that debate is being played out as-we-speak. Eg.: is it deeper ? Does it un-mask better than an old school 2-filter Tesoro or Racer or whatever ? Etc...

But as for target ID: (aluminum vs gold) or shape-showing : Nothing at all in the "slew of machines" from the last year, has changed any of that.

Well I feel the Nox is a different an innovative machine. Your own opinion just days ago said it delivered "amazing results". Does that make it innovative? I think so especially from a harsh skeptic like yourself(BTW I wouldn't want you any other way).

The Nokta invieno is another. Sure there has been some shaping and/or imagine machines in the past, but it is greatly improved compared to years ago.

If you compare these with say, an f75+(basically the same as an f75), these are very new and innovative.

TID and shape:

A machine that can tell the difference between gold and aluminum, IMO, is going to be too little way too late. at this rate. I imagine the cost will be outrageous and it would never be able to pay for itself.

The invenio can show shape and if they can fine tune the image resolution down to say the size of a pin, then this would be the ultimate and final(?) game changer.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... Your own opinion just days ago said it delivered "amazing results". Does that make it innovative?...

Ahh, you are doing your homework and becoming well read on all the varying discussions/tests going on. Good job. And yes: Those were my words. However, if you read closely, the "amazing" that I alluded to, was not that another prior machine couldn't have offered the same targets up. But instead, was that I realized that my current go-to-beach machines (Exp. II, Excal, etc...) are weak on micro-jewelry and dainty things (earing studs, chains, etc...). Whereas the Nox (at least for the dry sand where I was testing it so far) appeared to offer that option , and ALSO to at least replicate ability of the power-house Exp. II and Excal, for normal coin sized things.

So in that case, you can see that some other machines (nugget machines , beach pulse machines, etc...) could get micro-jewelry no problem. And the power house machines can get coin and ring sized objects, no problem . But the nox appeared able to do both, with little to no compromises.

Hence, as you can see: Nothing new added that can't already be done (assuming you have different detectors). But just saying that "amazing" a person can opt to have more options at his disposal with a single machine.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kind of the key here. One machine that can do what it would take in the past, two or more machines....and for a relative bargain price. No argument that lots of machines will find gold or silver in clean ground. Add mineralization and/or iron targets to the mix and you need something better to consistently unmask those keepers.

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Doesn't the Equinox 800 have a choice of 5 frequencies, or all a t once? Rumor has it that its a hot seller.
It seems to me that most of the new stuff is banking on features as the sell point. Manufacturers are FINALLY getting it thru their heads that water protection is a must for these ever more expensive machines. There are just too many scenarios where they can get ruined. Who wants to drop hundreds, even thousands and stay home when it rains? Or can cancel a long planned hunting trip for rain?
I also like wireless headphones, GPS, and one item that's ignored. Telescoping shafts with internal coil wire.
Personally, the current shafts are so obsolete. It looks homemade, out of someone's garage. Its a pain to set up or change, while all that wire adds unnecessary weight on your arm, and even a slight movement can cause falsing. I wonder how many newbies have quit in frustration because they were ignorant of this? Ever read the reviews and always see one or two where they couldn't get the detector to function? Not only that, but most of those old style shafts have very limited adjustment. Its a rare one that will adjust down to comfort for short men, women or kids. Attention Manufacturers! Its not just NBA players who use detectors! Using a detector that's too long is agony, and has probably driven a lot of hobbyists out. Nor are we thrilled about buying junk models for our kids to introduce them to the hobby. If anything, those cheap kids detectors work so poorly they drive kids out from frustration. And seriously, why should we be forced to buy them when we already dropped $1000 or more on one of your models?
Think outside the box. Put your customers first.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
That's kind of the key here. One machine that can do what it would take in the past, two or more machines....and for a relative bargain price. No argument that lots of machines will find gold or silver in clean ground. Add mineralization and/or iron targets to the mix and you need something better to consistently unmask those keepers.

Bingo. So while that's "not a better mousetrap", it's definitely a scenario where bells & whistles make the job easier.

My exp. II is awesome for the beach, dry sand, and turf. But I'll be the first to admit it's NOT a machine to get micro-jewelry (if someone were in those rare scenarios where he wanted to angle for that , like where he suspected such items might be mixed in @ storm erosion pockets). And I'm the first to admit my Exp. II is not an iron-see-through machine at ghost towns. I grab my handy Tesoro bandido for that.

Unfortunately, I did not get to put mine through some iron see-through tests. My buddy and I have some "back pocket sites" that we'll be doing that this year at. But even if it only matches (ie.: a step "sideways" ) to machines like the deus, the bandido, the racer, the impact, the kruzer, etc..., that's still not necessarily a bad thing. We shall see.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't the Equinox 800 have a choice of 5 frequencies, or all a t once? Rumor has it that its a hot seller.
It seems to me that most of the new stuff is banking on features as the sell point. Manufacturers are FINALLY getting it thru their heads that water protection is a must for these ever more expensive machines. There are just too many scenarios where they can get ruined. Who wants to drop hundreds, even thousands and stay home when it rains? Or can cancel a long planned hunting trip for rain?
I also like wireless headphones, GPS, and one item that's ignored. Telescoping shafts with internal coil wire.
Personally, the current shafts are so obsolete. It looks homemade, out of someone's garage. Its a pain to set up or change, while all that wire adds unnecessary weight on your arm, and even a slight movement can cause falsing. I wonder how many newbies have quit in frustration because they were ignorant of this? Ever read the reviews and always see one or two where they couldn't get the detector to function? Not only that, but most of those old style shafts have very limited adjustment. Its a rare one that will adjust down to comfort for short men, women or kids. Attention Manufacturers! Its not just NBA players who use detectors! Using a detector that's too long is agony, and has probably driven a lot of hobbyists out. Nor are we thrilled about buying junk models for our kids to introduce them to the hobby. If anything, those cheap kids detectors work so poorly they drive kids out from frustration. And seriously, why should we be forced to buy them when we already dropped $1000 or more on one of your models?
Think outside the box. Put your customers first.

The nox can do any 1 freq at a time or all at once. The shaft still has the wire on the outside but the if doesn't feel cheap its a nice carbon fiber upgrade from the old days. It only has 1 pin and I would have preferred two like the tesoro for stability. Im with you on the wire on the inside if nothing else it just looks nice and easier to maintain. I almost bought the impact for this reason but the nox is cheaper and so far hasn't disappointed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread