13 METAL DETECTING TIPS AND TRICKS FROM DETECTORIST!

Dirtyhands001

Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13 METAL DETECTING TIPS AND TRICKS! Here are some more great tips and tricks!

1. Eric from Relic Dirtyhands says "First time exploring a new site, focus on the high traffic and entertainment area's"

2. Allison Walker says "Be patient, cover your holes, show respect and always ask for permission. She also includes sharing this hobby".

3. Mary Shafer Author of 101 Things I Wish I'd Known When I Started says "Don't get frustrated, you have to swing your coil over it, fish where the fish are. Trust your research, practice practice practice. Be grateful and accept help from others."

4. Harolds old detectors says "Be patient, if you find an old home site do under the cloths lines. Hang pants up change falls out"

5. JthreeB says "He get's complaints about his machines beeping. His detector does not have a plug for a headset. Something to look for when choosing a machine. Something else important to consider is a hand held pin pointer"

6. Jean Pierre Lamere "Low and slow"

7. Laurie from Relic Dirtyhands talks with Keebler from the Stealth diggers. He brings up what he feels is one of the biggest challenges in metal detecting. Asking for permission. Laurie explains her success asking for permission when she see's the home owner outside in their yards.

8. Keebler's Metal detecting tip is for those visiting a cellar hole for the first time. He explains to detect all around the cellar and not right in the cellar hole itself.

9. Detect America Frank's DigTip is "Not to get discouraged if your not finding anything. It takes time behind the coil so be patient".

10. Detect America Mat's Digtip "Take you time and go slow, the slower I go the deeper targets I seem to hits".

11. Detect America Matty. "If others tell you their machine is better but you really like your machine keep it". Laurie add's "a machine is a personal preference". Frank also adds "if you spend twenty nine dollars or twenty five hundreds, if your happy with the machine your swinging then you have the right one".

12. Detect America's Joe DeMarco adds "Just remember this is a hobby and for enjoyment. Your getting exerciser, maybe some comradely if your meeting up in groups, keep in mind it's a hobby and you dig one penny at a time".

13. Eric from Relic Dirtyhands "Researching for potential sites in your area. A good resource is finding old maps. You have a lot of information on them, locations of home sites, churches, schools houses and even sometimes the general store. They can also show features like old mines. You can use google Earth to do map overlays using some key points, lining up concession roads waterways and so forth. You can increase your potential sites by reading literature, old personal journals and news paper archives. They hold a lot of information like, events, picnic's and where these events took place. This is addition information will add to the information you already have on the old maps".

We really hope you can all benefit from these tips and tricks for metal detecting. Happy hunting everyone!

to view video click here

Laurie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions