Are Killer B's rainproof?

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went detecting for a bit after work today and got rained on. Not a full-on torrent, but a decent sprinkling for a few minutes. I kept detecting and the headphones were just fine, as I expected. I was wondering if any other Killer B users let them get rained on. I tried to look for a number to contact the guy that makes them, but I guess he doesn't want to be found :laughing7:

They seem pretty well-sealed, but I'd feel more comfortable hearing some stories of abuse from long-time users of these phones. Thanks!

Ps: I have the Wasp Optima phones

Upvote 0

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John Smith..

Went detecting for a bit after work today and got rained on. Not a full-on torrent, but a decent sprinkling for a few minutes. I kept detecting and the headphones were just fine, as I expected. I was wondering if any other Killer B users let them get rained on. I tried to look for a number to contact the guy that makes them, but I guess he doesn't want to be found :laughing7:

They seem pretty well-sealed, but I'd feel more comfortable hearing some stories of abuse from long-time users of these phones. Thanks!

Ps: I have the Wasp Optima phones

Text John Smith at 205-239-6680. He makes the Kb's and Sunray Gold.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have used mine in the pouring rain (during beach storm erosion) and had no problem . Maybe I just got lucky. But you're right: They seemed sealed well enough (good quality/sturdy) that it would take a full immersion to actually get water inside. Not just a casual rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions