Here's what I'm grappling with…

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Hi all,

The oldest son wants to start coming out with me when the ground warms up so I'll need a second detector. Being as I currently have an entry level machine (F2) I have some things to figure out.

Long term: I'd like to be able to dive with the machine a'la ScubaD and was thinking about the CZ-21. Problem is that may not solve my problem of needing a second machine for when the kid and I are on land (maybe on land most of the time). For you guys who have the CZ-21, what's the verdict for land? And will it interfere with the second machine?

So my three options I'm thinking of:
1. Buy a CZ-21 and use everywhere. Not sure that is feasible.
2. Buy the CZ-21 and only use in water. Buy another inexpensive F2 package with the coils as my land machine.
3. Buy an F75 (with the faster processor) land machine and hold off on a water machine for a couple of years. I like Fisher but I'm not crazy about the F75 not being at least water resistant. It's not an inexpensive machine...

Anybody have anything to add that I might not have thought of to sway me in a particular direction?

Upvote 0

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salt or Fresh Water diving? And how deep?

Big difference between sniping rivers and streams in the summer with snorkle or scuba and going deep ocean.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Fresh water. I'm currently rated to 60ft but would try hitting that zone just out of reach of snorkel in lakes @ 7-8 feet and out. I can't say how often that would happen though so flexibility to use in surf would be nice (including on vacation in salt water).

All that being said, it's the need for another machine on land that drives the whole thing.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe get the AT Pro? It's waterproof to 10' I believe. Should work great in Fresh water and great on land as long as you're wading/snorkeling in the shallows. It will work fine on the dry sand at salt water beaches. And they are pretty inexpensive new, and you can find them on craigslist for around 3 to $400.

If you HAVE to go deeper, consider a dedicated dive machine at a later date?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro and White's MX Sport are rated for a modest depth of 10 feet. To me this means wading shallow water. IMHO I wouldn't trust either of these machines anywhere near 10 feet deep. If I wanted to go any deeper than wading I'd buy a deep diving water machine, but then most of those aren't very good all purpose detectors. Hope this helps, Tt

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For land and water, there aren't a whole lot of good choices. Dedicated water machines are generally not all that fun to use on land. Three that are, the AT Pro and MX Sport are good performers in fresh water (but, not salt) and the CTX, which is good everywhere.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Since your not doing the scuba diving that often you may want to consider the Tesoro Sand shark. A lot cheaper then the CZ21 and you can dive with it. Yes it it’s a PI machine so you will be digging everything. Depending on where you are diving it may not be a bad thing. With the money you save you can buy a better land machine.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's for diving only, the Excalibur! Land and relic hunting the Deus would be my choice.
Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread