Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems like I have problems ground balancing not sure. If I manually put it on any number and then I switch back to automatic or ground pumping it, it stays on that exact number. If I ground balance it at one location and then ground balance it at another location it stays the exact same. I just don't have the confidence that it's ground balancing right? Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When yoou get to a site, go zero disc and search for a quiet patch and then do the ground grab on that quiet patch.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems like I have problems ground balancing not sure. If I manually put it on any number and then I switch back to automatic or ground pumping it, it stays on that exact number. If I ground balance it at one location and then ground balance it at another location it stays the exact same. I just don't have the confidence that it's ground balancing right? Am I doing something wrong?

so, if you manually adjust to zero, then switch back to discriminate and ground grab it stays at zero? if so, i would say your fisher definitely has a issue... ive never had that problem before.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just checking - for FASTGRAB you are pushing the trigger forward (not pulling it) when moving the coil 1" to 6" above the ground and back down repeatedly?

There is also a limiter in the F-75 that requires you to manually balance if the soil is 40 or below (wet beach sand or high metallic iron soils).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so, if you manually adjust to zero, then switch back to discriminate and ground grab it stays at zero? if so, i would say your fisher definitely has a issue... ive never had that problem before.

No that not it. Once I ground balance at one place and then go somewhere else at a different location it'll fast grab the same number. at the same number. Now let's say I fast grabbed at 43 then I manually balance at 82 if I switch it over again and fast grab, it'll stay at 82. You get what I'm saying?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just checking - for FASTGRAB you are pushing the trigger forward (not pulling it) when moving the coil 1" to 6" above the ground and back down repeatedly?

There is also a limiter in the F-75 that requires you to manually balance if the soil is 40 or below (wet beach sand or high metallic iron soils).

You know I'm gonna have to check that out because I might be pulling it, I'm not sure. Thank for the possible "ah ha moment".

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same problem with my F75 SE less than a month after I bought it, did a factory reset - I would then push the trigger foward & pump hard and it still would not gb - I ended up with a new machine.

Texas ED

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 trigger is used to ground grab when pushed forward and to pinpoint if pulled backwards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions