cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So....about 6 months ago I got my first metal detector, an AT Pro, and I'm still in the process of trying to learn how to use it. Youtube videos only get me so far. Me going out by myself has taught me some things too, but I really need someone who is willing to show me the ropes, talk about the tones of the machine, depths, metals, weather conditions, soil conditions, etc... Anyone can read online, but I really have no one to talk to about these things and bounce ideas off of. Anyone in PA wanna go out detecting show me a few things? Or......anyone have ideas on how I can find local people or organizations who may help me out?

Edit: looking through the state forums now. I posted this before realizing it was there, but I still want any and all advice you all are willing to impart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will pm you .. in Upper Darby.. Delco
PMed you my phone numbert.. I would highly suggest your take a couple of days and work through this article it will help you understand a lot.
http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/metal_detector_search_coils.shtml
Also, re-read your atp manual now you have used it a while, you will be surprised at how things you have already read now mean something more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cuzimloony

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good tips! I will read the article and look over the manual again now that I may understand it a bit better.
Got your PM too....will be in contact. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread