ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking to get some advice on which machine to get, an Minelab Excalibur II or White's Surf Master PI? I have the money to buy the Surf Master right now, but am willing to wait to get the Excalibur II if I decide to go that direction. I was hoping that there are individuals out there that have used both and share their experiences and any pros/cons of each. I am only able to beach/water hunt a couple times a year right now (but those are a week at a time), but hope to start going at least once a month (weekend) in the future. There are some lakes and river swimming holes in the area that I can hunt. I am not sure what questions to ask, so think of this string as open ended.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you finally decide on ltd - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Just to update you....I ordered an Excal from Bart at BBH.

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've personally never used either machines but I will give you my thoughts.

If swimming area does not have a lot of mineralized black sand I would chose at pro, if it has lots of black sand I would choose the pi. If its loaded with iron and using a pi you're gonna have your work cut out for you. The upside of using a pi in heavy black sand is it will go deeper than VLF. I've found many gold rings VLF machines couldn't reach in black sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread