the greatest treasure the way I see it

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
did you ever hear the saying "the wise man goes fishing without any bait" perhaps metal detecting is a bit like that a subconscious deep yearning to connect with the past or with a person or event from the distant past to hold in ones hands a piece of history untouched for decades until that point in time when you unearth it I have seen the term keepers used in this forum could it be a desire to relive a past life before you roll about laughing think about this did you ever find yourself wondering about a particular find how it got there the history of it if only it could talk the tales it could tell perhaps it already has on a level we once processed long ago but now remain firmly lost to most only to offer a quick peek at an ability we once knew in my humble opinion metal detecting is not unlike the holy grail not only a hobby but an idealogology for the quest for the ultimate find to process that which is only one step a head just a couple of thoughts till next time

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I've contemplated those very things... :)

I just never figured out how to write it in a run-on sentence. :D

One of my favorite parts of the hunt is wondering about the find I now hold in my hand.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. *gasp* I've thought that, too. *gasp* A connection to the past and our predessors. *gasp*

Have to catch my breath after reading that sentence, though.

As far as a path to illumination and enlightenment? No. It does provide time for introspection and thought . . . but only if you use it as such. Fishing provides the same for some. For others it's a chance to get away from the family, chores and daily grind and drink lots of beer. It doesn't matter what your activity is if your mind is unreceptive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread