SpeMcc

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT PRO
All,

I am looking to get a new machine, I have had a great time with my ATPro and I am ready for something new. I first had my mind stuck on the XP Deus but then I started reading about the new Nokta Impact. The Nokta seemed to be very similar to the XP Deus (3 frequency machine, lots of adjustments) at a much lower costs. Im very new to the technical side of metal detectors, so if my last statement of the two detectors being "similar" is way off, let me know!

Since the Nokta Impact has not shipped to public, Im looking for a few testers who have also used an XP Deus to give me their thoughts.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
I will be watching this thread. Deus 4.0 with new HF coils and the Impact pro package are on my short list. I plan to wait till June and reports are coming in on both machines.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was very excited when I heard of the Impact. Until I realized it doesn't run on all 3frqs at once(at least I don't think so) and it's not waterproof? Plus, there will be bugs that need sorting out. Get a Deus, more than proven itself already.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deus is way overpriced and you are locked in to buying only their coils. Look at a Minelab Safari or used E-trac. :skullflag:

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through this last fall and ended up with a ws5 package with a 9 in coil and I love it glad I did it.
Kyle-

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know how much more of an upgrade those two you mentioned would be but that all terrain Garrett that you own is a very capable and versatile Detector I have the the Nokta and racer both higher frequency made for gold but I sure wish I could submerge them and not worry about getting them wet. I'd keep the At pro and add to the arsenal but maybe that was your plan.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro 2.0 is coming later the year no?

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll keep my AT Pro.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an AT Pro a couple years ago. Also have a stable of Tesoros and have used a lot of other machines. No one around here has the Nokta machines, but I bought a Deus late last year and it has been kicking it. It has multi frequencies, not just 3, you can set the speed of the transmission of energy to the loop and back to the unit to hunt through tight iron spots,(layman's terms) etc. Was at an iron producing foundry last week and pulled colonial copper and buttons out right next to big pieces of iron. Place is polluted with iron and still got some nice items out of the area. Also I have found out it's not so much the coil size that matters, it's getting the coil over the target and digging "iffy" signals.

Donsell

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2017
Lincoln, Ne
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SpeMcc - I'm in the exact position you are. I had pretty much decided on the Deus but the expense, expecially considering the cost of coils, is a concern. After reading TNSS' and NASA-Tom's testing reports for the Impact it has me intrigued. But I"m going to wait until after the production models start shipping and make up my mind in May.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing to keep in mind about the Deus coils is you really don't "need" both the 11" and the 9". You can go with one or the other. Some prefer the 11" and some prefer the 9". I happen to have both. You would be perfectly happy with either. Both separate phenomenally. Reports concerning the 13" indicate that there is marginal (if any) gain in depth, so you can take that out of the equation. The new high frequency coils let you operate up to 80khz and allow frequency shifts (up to 7 I think but don't hold me to that) for small gold. So in reality you would not need to purchase another coil unless you want to hunt small gold. The other thing to keep in mind is that the Deus coils are nothing like the standard coils in other VLF detectors. The "brains" contained within provide you with way more capabilities.

Dwiniger

Mar 12, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Update on AT Pro 2 date?

AT Pro 2.0 is coming later the year no?

Any updates on at pro 2 ?

Pipe dream?

Product needs updating badly...wireless, light, shafts, etc...:hello:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be hard pressed to buy any detector straight out of the gate [MX Sport debacle case in point].
Best to wait and spend your hard earned $$ on a proven design.

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I have a theory that 85% of detectors will find 85% of targets. I just made that number up but you know what Im getting at. I find it hard to imagine machines that are THAT much better to justify the $$. Unless ofcourse it is a PI unit, salt water / submersible unit, and does something that allows you to go to new locations.

Remember the macro racer 1? All the hype and interest! yet the ears broke off the coils and the public were the suckers. Sure you got a new coil but the suckers did the running around for macro! because they didnt test the machine properly. Then to rub salt into the wound they release a macro racer 2.

So you buy an impact.....possibly be a sucker ironing out all the bugs and continually updating software.....
or buy a XP.

If it were me I would just wait and see how the impact plays out in reality.

The Nokta fors got pretty outdated pretty quickly ( not the performance so much as the overall package) along with the macro racer 1 IMHO

Last edited:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried my friends deus last year and couldn't believe how light it was.
Now I have my own Deus

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions