Nokta Impact

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long does it really take for a detector to become known? Initial response to this one seems to be a bit underwhelming? Are we a bit jaded these days with the promise of another *super detector 2000* ....that still cant tell a tab from a ring...?
I think if it were lighter and waterproof I would consider it. and multi frequency... but one frequency at a time?

I cant really think( feature or capability wise) these days what WOULD be the tipping point to make me buy another detector.
I am not a detector collector.

At this stage it doesnt appear deeper that the F75, is heavier and just...well...difficult to justify.

Is there really such a thing as a multi purpose detector?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Great questions! IMO, as buyers, we are very "choosey" when it comes to new products. In my post about new machines, I tried to push the envelope of thinking in regards to machines, only to get unsatisfactory, in the box, responses.

"Is there really such a thing as a multi purpose detector?"

Short answer: YES!

Long answer: With finds drying up at an exponential rate, the need to squeeze the maximum yield out of sites is stronger then ever. Machines that can adapt to different field conditions "on the fly" is incredibly useful. Switching to different frequencies may just be the "ace in the hole" for some unique situations.

My feeling is we really aren't scratching the surface when it comes to true innovation and utilization of current technologies. Some will have you believe that this is it. Some may be content with variations on a theme, but I know they can do better.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think it's more of a $ motivator than anything. Why build the "ultimate" detector that cannibalizes all of your existing lines, when you can continue to sell individual machines that do individual things and require people to buy more than one machine. Brand loyalty keeps people comming back.

It's nice to see things like multiple frequencies on the same machine starting to become more common, but it's still only 5/14/20. They probably had the capability of taking the frequeny to 48 or higher, but then you wouldn't need to purchase a "gold" machine. I also think Minelab's patent on multiple frequencies at once is maybe what's preventing other companies from doing the same. Realistically it should just scan at 5/14/20 at the same time letting you cover the ground once instead of 3 times. But then why not frequencies 1-4, 6-13, and 15-19 at the same time as well. Or basically the CTX3030 and do 1.5-100

And I agree with the water proof thing. All detectors should be waterproof at this point to at least 10' but then you don't need their waterproof model.

or just get the CTX3030, the ultimate detector.

OP
OP
S

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good points. Detectorists in general I find are not trying to keep up with the joneses. and with the lag in detector development / capabilities over the last 10 years it just doesnt seem worthwhile purchasing yet another machine.
the reviews i have read so far on gthe impact are really splitting hairs when comparing to existing machines.

has anyone pre ordered?

minelab remind me of kawasaki and the jet ski......

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think it's more of a $ motivator than anything. Why build the "ultimate" detector that cannibalizes all of your existing lines, when you can continue to sell individual machines that do individual things and require people to buy more than one machine. Brand loyalty keeps people comming back.

It's nice to see things like multiple frequencies on the same machine starting to become more common, but it's still only 5/14/20. They probably had the capability of taking the frequeny to 48 or higher, but then you wouldn't need to purchase a "gold" machine. I also think Minelab's patent on multiple frequencies at once is maybe what's preventing other companies from doing the same. Realistically it should just scan at 5/14/20 at the same time letting you cover the ground once instead of 3 times. But then why not frequencies 1-4, 6-13, and 15-19 at the same time as well. Or basically the CTX3030 and do 1.5-100

And I agree with the water proof thing. All detectors should be waterproof at this point to at least 10' but then you don't need their waterproof model.

or just get the CTX3030, the ultimate detector.

Ultimate detector????
Sure about that??

I have a CTX,,,and it has weaknesses believe me,,,and the Impact can certainly capitalize on some of these weaknesses.

Wonder how I know this?

It is called head to head testing.
Been there and done that.

OP
OP
S

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe kawasaki held the patent for jetskis for some time....effectively arresting a broader development (for some time) of the jetski. I remember the first time I stepped onto a yamaha after the kawasaki. So light and nimble and a different mchine altogether.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree, but Nokta is different....they dont really have a line. The racer 1 - now superceded by the racer 2 and those big box fors series.Which although are a good detector by all accounts are quite heavy and have less than desirable ergonomics and screen location ( read obsolete) Now would have been a perfect time to create the ultimate machine. Not just a sexed up racer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread