Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't offer up too much here as I keep missing the meetings of my local clubs. However most have facebook pages that you can message people, and or post on their page to get connected with people from that club who can offer more information.

I know some of the prospecting clubs have membership fee's but those fee's inclube access to the clubs claims similar to GPAA club claims, so your club dues include claim access.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's impossible to give answers because every single club and club event is different. There is also a large difference between a club competition hunt or just a group outing. It would also depend on the specifics. Maybe its a free outing on a property someone got permission for. Maybe the club had to pay for the right to hold a group hunt. So many options.....

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I attend 2 different club hunts each summer. They are money raisers for the clubs and the participants pay for each event they wish to hunt. In return, all the planted coins found are kept and prize tokens for silver coins, misc. detecting goodies and detectors are in the prize selection. All in all, a fun way to spend a weekend, but not a money making endeavor unless one wins a grand prize or new detector.
luvsdux

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt prices can vary widely depending on what is being planted or given away. They're usually posted well in advance of the hunt date so you can decide if it's worth the cost or not. Our club has lots of free "wild" hunts, but, we charge a nominal fee (usually $15 for members) for our planted hunts. Beside the planted modern coins, there are also tokens, foreign coins, or marked modern coins that are good for older coins, silver, and prizes that are redeemed at the end of the hunt. Some big clubs and/or advertised major events have hunts with big prizes, such as gold coins, new detectors, collector coins, etc. Prices for those hunts can vary from under $10 to $50.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions