Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to New Orleans today to City Park ( one of the oldest city parks in the nation ) and I found a 1945 Mercury dime in a medicine bottle with a note. It asked that I put it on a Facebook page, but I don't have Facebook so we'll see. As you can see I have to work on my ground balancing. Lol I also got a permission while I was there from a doctor who said his wife inherited a property Uptown that's been in her family for 100 years and he bought a cheap detector and couldn't figure it out. Bad news was the house was being gutted so it was full of scrap metal, so I only stayed an hour. I'm gonna bring my buddy JoeDirty to help with the top trash and then will hit it hard. I did manage to come out with 3 Wheaties and a 1960 Washington. Great day.

Here's some pictures of our beautiful City Park and the Uptown house in New Orleans. IMG_2033.JPG IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2032.JPG IMG_2036.JPG IMG_2037.JPG IMG_2038.JPG IMG_2039.JPG IMG_2040.JPG IMG_2041.JPG IMG_2042.JPG

"I DIG HISTORY"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A planted mercury dime, thats a new one. Looks like a good hunt.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of like a dog marking territory. You know, like catching a bass, and sticking a tag in it that says "Please release me" and releasing it for me to catch. Happened to me, couldn't believe it. I took it home and ate it. Just keep the dime. Toss the note.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of like a dog marking territory. You know, like catching a bass, and sticking a tag in it that says "Please release me" and releasing it for me to catch. Happened to me, couldn't believe it. I took it home and ate it. Just keep the dime. Toss the note.

What note? Lol

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was that, Oh yeah, "I see nothing, I know nothing!" Sgt Shultz from Hogan's Heroes. I don't have Funkybook and never will, so it would never get done, for me, it would be, just thanks for addition to the silver donation fund, mine! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was that, Oh yeah, "I see nothing, I know nothing!" Sgt Shultz from Hogan's Heroes. I don't have Funkybook and never will, so it would never get done, for me, it would be, just thanks for addition to the silver donation fund, mine! :icon_thumright:

I'm with you. Never seen nothing, never heard nothing.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy has a facebook group and planted some dimes just to get people hunting... I live in Laplace and if you need help hunting I'm IN ...lol.. I find a silver quarter by the football stadium.. I tried by the old airplane site( where they flew the old gas types) but found only cans... Behind the school in the field civil war bullets can be found. I use a minelab 705 good hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions