Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that price range you are stuck with using a PI detector because of the salt and black sand together. They are deep an this is what you need for the sifting sands of a coast. However PI's have almost no discrimination like VLF's. You could spend most of your hunting time digging deep holes for small nails and other iron objects which PI's love. Time spent throwing sand could be better spent sweeping with a detector with some discrimination. About any would do for the dry sand, but most would be unstable in the wet saltwater sand or surf. Except the Excalibur which handles black sand and saltwater together just fine. Ignores iron too, but will cost more than your budget.

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
thanks for the reply sandman could you or anyone tell me if the Excalibur can handle hot rocks as far as the budget I have allowed I guess I would rather be flexiable an save more money and use a lesser md until then

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excal does not see hot rocks. This is a big plus where I am always finding myself hunting. If a detector sounds off on these like it was a good target, we waste time retrieving it.

You can always get a Sov GT which is the land version of the Excal and hip mount it for the beach. Max of Virginia Beach does this and does very well.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the land version of the Excal...............Of course it doesn't see hot rocks either. Read the other post again. ;D

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
oops sorry i think thats that machine for me thanks sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread