Coins found

jimterra70

Jun 25, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read about the finds everyone has made and it makes me sad to realize how little silver if found. When I started MD'ing in 1973 things were so much better. When the price of silver went through the roof in 1980 I sold $26.35 worth of silver for $299.00. I could kick myself for doing it but I wanted an A&H Super Pro to replace my A&H pro. This is a list of the coins I had.
126 dimes at $1.40 each, 13 quarters at $3.50, 6 halves at $7.00. 36 nickles at $.60 and 6 silver/clad halves at $2.25. That was 187 silver coins for anyone who does care to add them up. :) This was after I started keeping accurate records which I did in 1977.

Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the truth is that there has been a lot of silver lost over the years,
But everytime someone takes 1 silver coin from the ground, that number gets less and less. You will never see again days in which you will swing a machine and every swing
gets another signal and its another silver coin...
too many people hunting for those few remaining targets.
Richard

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When silver was at it's high price about everybody went afield to get their share. Silver being very conductive was easy to find with the detectors of the day. As Torreno says, there is less everyday. We just need to do more research and hope our technique is up to the task.

If we only detect to make a profit, we are doing it wrong. We can make more money by working a part time job at Wendy's and still get to sneak a fry or two into our mouth. Once you sell the silver or gold, it's gone. I wish I still had some of the rings I've sold just so I could remember where I found them and such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread