Secret metal detecting tecnique!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Want to make millions metal detecting? Want to find gold coins by the hundreds AND diamond rings by the thousands? Well good luck! Because I am here to help new hobbyists bridge the gap between fantasy and reality. I'm going to be a wet blanket here so be prepared!

So you want to get into metal detecting. Here are the steps:

1. Expectations. What are you expecting? Looking to make it rich? For the most part that isn't happening unless you get real real real lucky and you will get frustrated easy with that mind set. Looking to get out for some exercise and fresh air? Maybe learn something? Is this something you will enjoy no matter what you find? Then this is the right approach.
  2. Research. Look into the area you will be hunting. Are there many other detectorists in the area? Are there places to go? Do you mind driving to find spots?
  3. Logistics. Are you able to afford the time and money? The detector, batteries, digger, pinpointer, gas money, and other expenses are just some of the things to consider.
  4. Equipment. Start small. A garden shovel. A screw driver. An affordable machine should be your primary purchases. An Ace 250 OR bounty hunter is an inexpensive way to get into the hobby. You may regret spending a bunch of money only to find out that this hobby isnt for you.

I am sure there are much more things to consider when starting out, however these are the core issues you may come across. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metaldetector.jpg

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was better than any comic strip in the paper this morning. Hahaha.

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a secret. You should already know those things you mentioned.

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my shovel everywhere I go including parks, always dig a nice plug, make sure it looks good. Most good targets in my area seem to be 6" or more. Plus I can be used for self defense, I've had thugs tell me wtf am I doing at there park, people saying that they will shoot me for being on there block. Or you could even get robed. So to me shovel is more then a tool and yes I have a permit to carry but having all the md gear on can make I hard to pack
You're talking about a shovel used specifically for md'ing right.
Use of a regular shovel will get you kicked out in my area. Also packing all that gear makes you look like your gonna go Gung Ho on the turf and that will get others watching you destroy the turf. Maybe call the authorities. The only items I use at a park is detector, hand digger( better to use for self defense than a shovel to me), pinpointer. I try not to be too much a distraction.

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you imagine what our parks and beaches would look like if the metal detector did not exist.

I guess taxes would be higher to pay wages for a trash task force that would be required to maintain these areas.
So your saying you pick up trash that's on the surface? Nobody care if its in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread