frogy2oggy

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2017
Europe
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all, I wanted to share my custom headphone build for the Garrett Z-Lynk system. I have seen similar designs on here for systems such as the Deus, but nothing for AT Pro's or other machines.

The headphones consist of Howard Leight Earmuffs which I have wired headphone speakers into. This design is extremely comfortable for all day wear, and due to the receiver module being fixed to the earmuffs themselves it makes the setup as wireless as possible.

Please feel free to ask questions about the build! I hope this inspires you to make a pair for yourselves!

Attachments

• IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0941.JPG
    IMG_0941.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to do this but was thinking of mounting the receiver on top on the earphone bracket?
does your method feel hvy or lop sided??
also is it easy to cut the headphone wire and re solder the end shorter ?
Good post// Perry

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey not bad at all. Well done.

OP
OP
frogy2oggy

frogy2oggy

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2017
Europe
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the compression of the headband itself I do not notice any lop-sidedness to the setup. Resoldering headphone wire is pretty easy and straight forward. However, I would recommend getting a descent pair of speakers to use. I had the issue of the soldering pads ripping off of some cheaper speakers, this was due to the cheap build quality. I ended up using some Sony headphones that i got at a thrift shop for 50 cents. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread