cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector were you using?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were using Sov Gt's and Excals but you just had to be there to understand just how trashy this place was, basically like swinging over a dump. It was common to encounter large areas of iron as well. I've never experienced anything like it. I took an excal with an 8" coil and in some spots it would stay in null for 10-20ft at a time. In other areas I could put the Sov in all metal with a small coil and I might have several pieces of iron, aluminum, copper, etc., under the coil all at once, and this was routine, not on occasion. I've used "a lot" of detectors over the years and this place would completely frustrate all of them. :laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda curious as how a CTX, E-trac in 2 tone ferrous, or a Deus would work in that area.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had some experience with 2 of those machines, not the Deus but the ctx and etrac, and honestly, there just comes a point sometimes when sites are simply way too trashy to attempt splitting those subtle machine hairs. If it was just a matter of trying to eliminate the iron then no real problem in doing that, or, if it was simply a matter of highly meneralized ground then there are, perhaps, some better machine options for that condition. However, this is a situation of just way too much crap in nearly every form of metal one can encounter, and it's literally piled up everywhere. Sad that it turned out as it did but that's the way it goes sometimes. I have absolutely no doubt that you could skim the first foot or two of soil off the property and the situation would get no better. In most areas I could put on the small coil, put the machines in all metal/pinpoint, and it would often sound like a machine gun during the sweep, aluminum, iron, copper, nickel, and so on and so on.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds pretty miserable all right! :BangHead: Time for the backhoe and a sifter/classifier! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread