Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is an oversize box so whatever you "thought" it would cost, take that number and multiply by 2. lol. Unless you have a business acct with a shipper, I'm guessing the cheapest rate you'll get is from USPS for about $42 w/insurance. If not, I'd love to hear who you used and the rate. Everytime I ship, I find an oversize box and cut it down. To pack, I bubble wrap each component and then use popcorn to fill the remainder of space in the box. That being said, I have never had a detector get damaged during transport.

OP
OP
K

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an oversize box so whatever you "thought" it would cost, take that number and multiply by 2. lol. Unless you have a business acct with a shipper, I'm guessing the cheapest rate you'll get is from USPS for about $42 w/insurance. If not, I'd love to hear who you used and the rate. Everytime I ship, I find an oversize box and cut it down. To pack, I bubble wrap each component and then use popcorn to fill the remainder of space in the box. That being said, I have never had a detector get damaged during transport.

Main issue is the one rod is 34" long with a bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is why I keep the boxes of all my detectors, so I can send them in for repair and or to ship to the new owner if I sell it. Are there any box vendors in your area that cut and supply boxes to manufacturers or distributors?

OP
OP
K

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why I keep the boxes of all my detectors, so I can send them in for repair and or to ship to the new owner if I sell it. Are there any box vendors in your area that cut and supply boxes to manufacturers or distributors?

Not that I'm aware of. My ship in 2 pieces. Rods in one - maybe wrap in cardboard and the rest in a smaller box. Could do all bubble wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really need to protect the control box from getting pulverized. It should be in a separate box that's placed into a bigger box. I'm speaking from experience! If you insure it, that only covers losing the unit, not damage caused by the shipper.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you shipping it in for repair? If so I believe all they would need are the control unit and coils.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tHE LONGEST PC OF AN atp IS 18+ INCHES--IF SENDING IN FOR REPAIR SEND CONTROL ONLY// I JUST SENT THE CONTROL AND HEADPHONES IN (BROKE A PIN IN THE CONTROL) 2.2 LBS $10.00 USPS. $24.00 UPS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread