Frolf Courses

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Frolf (Frisbee Golf) course near where I live, and I'm sure rings and other things go flying off during the game occasionally. Unfortunately, most of the players drink while they play. I tried to hit around the first tee, but it was nothing but pull tabs. I got 1 penny out of the area.

Has anyone had any luck on these courses? Where is the best areas to hunt? Around the tees, mid-field, near the goal? I really don't want to spend hours in the wrong areas digging pull tabs.

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If rings fly off they will not be around the tee (that would be a drop). You need to hunt away from the Tee. Act like you are throwing a frisbee and see where you would release the disk and look far out in that direction.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may not find much around the T's. I would check out behind the T-pad 10-feet or so; In front of the T-pad 25-feet to the left- say 45-degrees to the left as you stand on the pad. Pay close attention to the picnic tables or the area they use as the "19th hole" after the game.

Attachments

• pdga.jpg
    pdga.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
KirkS

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great advice. Thanks!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The good thing is most people that hunt don't think this way. A ring can fly mighty far. I found a class ring for a guy that was throwing a frisbee on a soccer field when it flew off and it was past the sideline by a wooden fence. Expand your search area!

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Frolf"? Don't you dare tell a disc golfer that he is throwing a Frisbee!

Not interested in anything new enough that a "Dolf" player may have dropped. Besides... frankly, those people tend to be terrible litterbugs. They have enough energy to carry their energy drink in with them, but not enough to carry it out?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread