swing speed

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Uh.... perhaps it's because you have a motion discriminator (aka vlf motion)? :o What a "md309"?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom is correct.

The early VLF machines like the Bounty Hunter Red Barron
had to be swung very fast to get depth.

They would probably make a great Competition detector
these days.

I'm not familiar with the md3009

it could be a VLF type or maybe something like vlf

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Yep, Tom and Jeff are both Correct, And I Believe that the Detector he's talking about is the Micronta 3009. Something that could be bought virtually anywhere.

HH, Kiko

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
MD 3009, like all the MD series, made in China, and basically using old technology. However, the 3009 has had quite a following in the Military relic hunting scene in Europe. Seems to be based on old Whites technology.
About 3 of the 30 or 40 Chinese models seem to do reasonably well (Although not as deep) as western detectors, but quality control leaves a lot to be desired.
Several companies sell them as made in Germany, or made in England, or probably even made in USA, when in fact they are probably only imported as is, or maybe has a badge and box change in these countries. Computers are comparable, you need so many percent of the total cost of an item to be charged in a country to make it a product of that country. Take a computer, buy it complete in China fifty dollars, then in the new country that´s imported it,add a new box, marketing costs, the cost of the offices and chairman, and you have suddenly a computer made in ? (Not in China)......................
Ray
And this does still happen.

jarrad

Dec 20, 2009
strike it rich said:
sorry it should have been md3009 vlf
hi wat should i set my discrimination in sence to? im new to medal deteckting i have the md 3009 and i can attract steel, aliminion silver.. i cant attract gold.. copper.. in coins.. :( please help...

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On most detectors your sweep speed should match your recovery or you loose depth and miss targets. Some need a faster sweep so the filtering system works properly. As far as you not being able to find coins ect, id recommend you adjust your disc just above foil and get yourself a small collections of coins if thats whats your interested in and run them across the coil. Air testing is a good way to get to know the sound of those targets.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions