My mind plays tricks on me...

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whenever I'm out detecting and find a good target, I can literally pick out and *see* where I'm going to dig my plug. It's almost as if someone has previously dug after my targets, and flipped their plug back down after a futile search. Several times, I have been convinced this is the case, but mostly my brain halucinates the disturbed grass and little bit of visible soil precicely where I'm going to cut the plug. It's weird...

Does anyone else experiece this phenomenon? I think I've trained my brain to the point that it picks out non-existent evidence of my future results. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get this with my bank account. I imagine that there's money in there, that really isn't.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in Psychic ability due to Repetitive acts over time.
Though I can't say I've had the same. I don't doubt it

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know whenever I go out detecting I'm going to find something good.

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whenever I'm out detecting and find a good target, I can literally pick out and *see* where I'm going to dig my plug. It's almost as if someone has previously dug after my targets, and flipped their plug back down after a futile search. Several times, I have been convinced this is the case, but mostly my brain halucinates the disturbed grass and little bit of visible soil precicely where I'm going to cut the plug. It's weird...

Does anyone else experiece this phenomenon? I think I've trained my brain to the point that it picks out non-existent evidence of my future results. :tongue3:

LSD is a bad drug my friend! :headbang:

Indiana Bones

Greenie
Apr 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, just a mind trick....i don't know about you but i KNOW a plug from another detectorist when i see one.
Funny thing about that though....i remember years ago, once in awhile i'd find a coin laying right next to a plug
Guess their detector.(or the operator) wasn't very good at retrieving their targets..
More for my nail pouch!
HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it mushroom season in Idaho yet? I think Dowsing, LRL, and the such has some success due to our own abilitys to sbiff out a target. But yes have dug holes after someone else, and found a dime the color of dirt or something.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
These aren't the silver coins you are looking for.

kanescoins

Mar 17, 2017
Spokane Washington
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's some deep sh** bro, lol, keep it up.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

By any chance, do you smoke lots of pot, and have you been to Italy in the past 13 month MDing the beach?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions