Upvote 0

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that a cool place also. I envision welthy old timers yard partying at that place before a.c., i phones and other modern distractions losing all sorts of cool stuff while indulging in adult beverages.

Don

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.s. headed out myself to detect right now but just in a small town (200 or so people). Gl& hh

Don

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I KNOW this will help you. I also have an ATP. A 14K ring will VDI at 61-62. I confirm what loco-digger says--the VDI will for the most part stay within that 1 digit range. And 61-62 is not a common target result(with the ATP) so that simplifies decision-making on whether to dig or not... If it's 61-62, dig!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I KNOW this will help you. I also have an ATP. A 14K ring will VDI at 61-62. I confirm what loco-digger says--the VDI will for the most part stay within that 1 digit range. And 61-62 is not a common target result(with the ATP) so that simplifies decision-making on whether to dig or not... If it's 61-62, dig!

You just did me a big favor. So you think a boy's high school ring should ring up 61-62. I'll put it to the test trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanescoins

Mar 17, 2017
Spokane Washington
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, just dig all mid tones that give a solid target ID, maybe varies by 1 digit or less. If they are jumpy, they are more than likely a cheap alloy.

I agree I recently learned to keep away from jumpy signals but to always dig the solid target ID's, great advice thurrrrr!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread