Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Thinking about a water detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    Earth
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites GMT, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice
    743 times
    Metal Detecting

Thinking about a water detector

Any water hunters have any advice? I am looking for a VLF water machine with tone ID. I wont be diving, just basically wading. I dont know enough about waterproof machines. I have been reading up on them but I would like to get your opinions. Thaks!!
    USMC 1999 - 2007
    Iraq Veteran 2003 Battle For An Nasiriya

What a long, strange trip its been.

Check out my crappy Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=geocacher0844

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Tesoro Cult Member & Overlord - Compadre; Silver uMax; Cibola; Vaquero; Lobo Super Traq; Tejon; Sand Shark - Minelab GPZ 7000
    12027 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Saltwater or Freshwater? Budget?

Charter Member
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    Earth
    743 times
    Metal Detecting
    I forgot to mention that. Thanks. It will be fresh water and around 600 on the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Saltwater or Freshwater? Budget?
    USMC 1999 - 2007

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2017
    North Central Arkansas
    White's Eagle, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844 View Post
    Any water hunters have any advice? I am looking for a VLF water machine with tone ID. I wont be diving, just basically wading. I dont know enough about waterproof machines. I have been reading up on them but I would like to get your opinions. Thaks!!
    There is videos on U Tube of people water hunting using the Garrett AT Pro, And the AT pro is within your price range. I have the AT pro and like it so far but haven't been in the water with it yet, To cold.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Garrett Master Hunter CX PLUS
    182 times
    Relic Hunting
    Semper Fi, Mac. There are a lot of Utube videos on the Garrett AT Pro. A gentleman who goes by Aquachigger' has quite a few out and he shows the use of the AT Po in use in rivers and has done quite well by the videos. As Mr. Solomon stated, the Pro might be a good fit for you. It is waterproof up to 10 feet, and these are best for use in freshwater and the price range I believe will be within your budget. They have actually for the first time come down in price a little bit. Watch some of the video's and see what you think. Quite a few folks use the Pro. Best of Luck to you Devil Dog.

I Love my Tesoro Tiger Shark!

Charter Member
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    Earth
    743 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks everyone. I have been looking at the Tesoro Tiger Sharks. But from what I have read they only have the one tone. As soon as I can get rid of whites GMT Ill be ready to get a water machine. I have an MXT so there is no point in keeping the GMT. And maybe the wife can use the water machine on land too.
    USMC 1999 - 2007

The "One Tone" is why I love my Tiger Shark. I've tried the "bing, bang, bong," detectors and they drive me crazy. Once you get use to the "One Tone", you will hear subtle differences that can tell you a lot.

Apr 2014
    49 times
    Some of the best vlf water machines don't work very well in minereralized black sand that are in some freshwater lakes and rivers. You should find out first before making a purchase. You'll have that problem here in California. I use a pi detector and dig everything in the swimming lanes. It's best to do that because coins can be masking gold rings.
    CASPER-2 likes this.

I forgot to mention that the Tiger Shark has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Excal 1000, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, UniProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 720i
    3643 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    For a new machine, I'd get the AT Pro. For a used machine, look at some of the Minelab machines......Sovereign GT, Explorer, E-trac, Safari. They're not waterproof, but, fine for shallow wading with a safety tether. A used Fisher CZ20/1 might be in your price range too, if you don't mind silent search.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Dec 2007
    CT
    Whites MXT, DetectorPro HH Underwater
    364 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    DetectorPro Headhunter Underwater. Tone machine. $680 or so. Easy to use and works great, salt or fresh. Electronics are in the headphones so the shaft is nice and light for swinging in water. Cable is straight, not coiled. I have the 8" coil which unfortunately is not changable, but I don't have a problem with it. Internal batt, supposedly will take 1000 charges @ 40 hrs/charge. I know I don't charge mine often. Check youtube, there are a few videos on it.
    Oldest Coin Finds to Date
    1737-1760 KGII Hibernia Half Cent ('10)
    1787 Fugio Large Cent ('15)
    1869 Two Cent ('09)
    1867-1883 Variety I Sheild Nickel ('09)
    1900 Barber Dime ('13)
    1938 George Washington Quarter ('11)
    1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar ('09)

us
    May 2014
    Wilmington NC
    CTX; Fisher CZ21; Minelab Excalibur II; White's Surf PI DF; 920i Stealth Scoop
    393 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    If you want a VLF and have $600 to spend...its pretty easy as you don't have a lot of choices:

AT Pro or Tesaro Tiger Shark. Both machines get great reviews and you aren't going to go wrong with either.

Don't get a PI unless you really want/need a PI. Don't get a non-waterproof unit for any type of waterproof hunting. Just search the forums and you will see tons of posts of people dropping their $1500 machine into the water and destroying it.

us
    Nov 2012
    Bucks County, PA
    White Classic SL IDX
    2 times
    I am also looking to buy a Beach MD. I will be hunter mostly at the New Jersey shore so and because of the iron in the Salt Water I am looking hard at the Fisher CZ-21 as my pick.
    Has anyone compared the Whites MX Sport Waterproof to The Fisher CZ-21 or Minelab Excalibur II? I am not driving so 10 ft of water is good for me.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Stuart/Woolwine
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, 1265X, Garrett Carrot, Stealth 920iX Keene A52
    10551 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've hunted water with Indian Steve using my Excal II. He does as good or better with the Tiger Shark as I do in the water.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links