K

kanescoins

Mar 17, 2017
Spokane Washington
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used Topo Reader that has amazing library of all years of maps that allows easy use of overlays and marking old buildings to check corresponding current map for removal or still intact. Any others?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being close to the ocean, I like a good tide chart app.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a second I thought you meant the "metal detector apps" that supposedly detect metal. Haha. I didn't even know there were apps that would help (never thought to look). I'm checking out that Topo one now.

EDIT: Can you link to the app? I'm not finding one like the one you described.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2017
NW GEORGIA and Chattanooga
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found what I think to be the coolest app ever for detecting. It's called Maprika. It is in the playstore. I ran across this on YouTube. The title is "How to use GPS on old maps with your phone" by task force history. You need to watch the video. This thing is so cool. It's an app for ski routes but can be used with all kinds of things. The guy in the video does a better job of describing how it works. Basically let's you overlay google with old maps. That way you can see where you are but on the old map. You can see things like battle lines or earthworks. Really cool. Go see the video.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, I'm still stuck in the 20th Century..... No apps, just ears!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions