Perfect way to keep my son with adhd focused.

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 5 year old son has adhd and sensory processing disorder. Needless to say he is a handful. Tonight I put some batteries in an old Bounty Hunter that I have had since I was 12 and threw a handful of change out in the yard. He had a blast and stayed focused for about an hour finding his "treasure." If he stays interested in it, I will get him a new detector for his birthday in September.

IMG_3219.JPG

Upvote 0

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is an awesome story!! I battle with a little bit of ADHD.... and I notice that I find myself better focused when I am metal detecting! It keeps my mind from wandering

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hearing these type of stories, very inspiring and positive. You're a true champ!

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
What a great story, sure hope he sees the fun in hunting. Let us know how this works out.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish that worked on my kids. I bring my two with me to the park and both wander off within minutes. If there's a playground, they're off playing within 60 seconds. Maybe if they had their own detectors... unfortunately I see that gathering dust at this point.

OP
OP
Jaysix

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish that worked on my kids. I bring my two with me to the park and both wander off within minutes. If there's a playground, they're off playing within 60 seconds. Maybe if they had their own detectors... unfortunately I see that gathering dust at this point.

I have a feeling if I take him to a park he will do the same and the detector would be laying somewhere.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My little girl likes to detect with me for a bit then play on the playground while I detect the boarders of the playground, then orders me back to grassy areas to detect with her, then back to the playset for a bit.
She loves going to the park with me. Especially likes putting on the headset and telling me when she hears treasure while I swing the detector lol. It is alot of fun. Slow going, but it's about bonding and the enjoyment and humor of detecting with her that I love!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's perfect.

I can only imagine how long some of your days must feel.

My niece turned 14, and out of nowhere developed ADHD?

Fortunately she is old enough to help talk her through some of her issues, because she has a past to remember how it used to be.

The detector is a brilliant idea.

OP
OP
Jaysix

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's perfect.

I can only imagine how long some of your days must feel.

My niece turned 14, and out of nowhere developed ADHD?

Fortunately she is old enough to help talk her through some of her issues, because she has a past to remember how it used to be.

The detector is a brilliant idea.

Very very long haha. He is a million miles an hour 24/7.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In preparation for a large Family reunion (80+) some 10 yrs ago I planted about 50 coins, matchbox cars, other stuff. around our summer cabin/pool.
My grand kids. friends etc.. have been digging them up ever since// I refresh it with new now and then. This has been very popular and kids look forward to it each year.
One little boy whos Dad was in the army wrote to him and said "dad we have to get a metal detector-- there are Quarters everywhere" ///Great fun///

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome. I used to be a pretty big time gambler many years ago and I've noticed that metal detecting gives me the same high as I used to get without going broke, but the addiction is the same and I love it. I'm diagnosed ADHD 25 years ago with anxiety. At that time I'm never even heard the word Anxiety before much less ADHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread