need help regarding to Metal Detector

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do your research you will be able to answer you own questions good luck hope you find what you after

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read you thread, Butch from Pa here. If you search Kellyco Metal detectors, you'll find a wide range of detectors and prices. Keep in mind tho, wherever you prospect, {Looking for gold}, most likely that area has already been searched. One way of knowing, you could be in virgin ground, is the presents of bullets or casing. Most of the prospectors I know, usually pick these up after they get a read on them. The point being, you need a detector that goes deep where the least expensive detector won't reach. One thing I should mention, is, always search, dig, your reading, being that your on the discrim mode or not. Don't forget a small shovel, Wally World has one, about 30"s, in their gardening section. Hey! all the luck to you. Butch

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
It depends on what type of hunting you want to do. You have detectors for relic hunting, coin hunting, gold prospecting, etc. Once You determine what kind of hunting you will do, then go with one that is within your budget. Everyone's budget is different. But get a detector that will be for your type of hunting you think you will enjoy, and chance are you will stick with it. Metal detecting isn't for everybody. I have family members that think I'm crazy while others in my family I have got them started doing it.

Good luck to you.....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You haven't mentioned anything at all about what you're hoping to find, i.e. coins, relics, gold nuggets, water or land, budget.

Without specifics, you're kinda on your own. Read and study, that's about the best anyone can tell you.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
It depends on what type of hunting you want to do....

You haven't mentioned anything at all about what you're hoping to find, i.e. coins, relics, gold nuggets, water or land, .....

Bingo. Otherwise the question is like asking: "What's the best kind of motor vehicle to buy?".

Well gee, are you going want speeds of 150 ? Consider a corvette. Taking kids to soccer practice ? Consider a mini-van. Hauling rock to and from the Quarry? Consider a 10-wheeler dump truck. Want great gas mileage? Consider a mini-cooper. Etc... Etc....

bubbaslight

Greenie
Mar 17, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab 800, Fisher CZ20, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everyone that knowing what you intend to search for is important. Also, knowledge of the basic functions of a metal detector will increase your happiness later. Detector's range from $100-$1500 (roughly). Lowend for me is Tesoro Compadre. Midrange Whites Spectrum XLT has been awesome for me. Remember that these are for the most part land machines, water detector's are a whole different ballgame. I think we all agree that knowing the basic functions will save hours of frustration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread