Taking The Excal Inland....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking that Excalibur in inland is a good idea except for the weight. A better idea is the Sov GT as it has more features than the Excalibar but will weigh about the same. It's my prime land unit.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking that Excalibur in inland is a good idea except for the weight. A better idea is the Sov GT as it has more features than the Excalibar but will weigh about the same. It's my prime land unit.

We have Sov's but this is just more of a personal challenge, the long shaft also pretty much eliminating the weight issue. I guess I just want to see how good I can get with just this one machine. When I was hunting the beaches everyday in Florida it spoiled me as I could pretty much rely on the same general conditions and settings each day, not the case now as a lot of these environments up here are simply wicked trashy and they can change with the drop of a hat. So I'm using this time to learn all I can about the machine and it's little nuances. To be sure, there are times when I've been frustrated a little more then I care to be........:laughing7:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way Metecting is most fun you can have with your clothes on

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to get back to the place that spoils you.....

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to get back to the place that spoils you.....

I made the mistake of suggesting that same thing in the presence of my granddaughter and I almost ended up with a black eye....:laughing7:.....pretty much ended that fantasy right then and there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have Sov's but this is just more of a personal challenge, the long shaft also pretty much eliminating the weight issue. I guess I just want to see how good I can get with just this one machine. When I was hunting the beaches everyday in Florida it spoiled me as I could pretty much rely on the same general conditions and settings each day, not the case now as a lot of these environments up here are simply wicked trashy and they can change with the drop of a hat. So I'm using this time to learn all I can about the machine and it's little nuances. To be sure, there are times when I've been frustrated a little more then I care to be........:laughing7:

What settings do you find you have to change? With all the Minelabs I have and have used in the past, I rarely have to change anything, regardless of trash or ground conditions. Occasionally reducing the sensitivity, or switching between auto and manual, but, not often. With a Sov, Explorer, E-trac, Excal, and CTX I usually just eliminate iron and put a brick on the gas pedal! :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I run an audible threshold, sometimes I run just under audible. Sometimes I hunt in PP, sometimes in Disc. Sometimes I run the large coil, sometimes the small. Sometimes I run the disc at 1, sometimes up to 3. Sometimes I run high sensitivity, sometimes low, sometimes in auto. Sometimes I run max volume, sometimes I bring it down a bit. Generally, however, I'm running in some combination of all of the above, dependent on what the ground conditions are like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions