Taking The Excal Inland....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Sandman
  • 1 Post By Sandman
  • 2 Post By OBN
  • 1 Post By bigscoop
  • 2 Post By cudamark
  • 1 Post By bigscoop

Thread: Taking The Excal Inland....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8708 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Taking The Excal Inland....

"Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3985 times
    Taking that Excalibur in inland is a good idea except for the weight. A better idea is the Sov GT as it has more features than the Excalibar but will weigh about the same. It's my prime land unit.
    bigscoop, Keppy and RustyGold like this.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8708 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Taking that Excalibur in inland is a good idea except for the weight. A better idea is the Sov GT as it has more features than the Excalibar but will weigh about the same. It's my prime land unit.
    We have Sov's but this is just more of a personal challenge, the long shaft also pretty much eliminating the weight issue. I guess I just want to see how good I can get with just this one machine. When I was hunting the beaches everyday in Florida it spoiled me as I could pretty much rely on the same general conditions and settings each day, not the case now as a lot of these environments up here are simply wicked trashy and they can change with the drop of a hat. So I'm using this time to learn all I can about the machine and it's little nuances. To be sure, there are times when I've been frustrated a little more then I care to be........

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3985 times
    Either way Metecting is most fun you can have with your clothes on
    bigscoop likes this.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    6086 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You need to get back to the place that spoils you.....
    bigscoop and Sandman like this.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
    2020......Gold Rings....35 .......Silvers ...29

us

Jun 2010
    8708 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    You need to get back to the place that spoils you.....
    I made the mistake of suggesting that same thing in the presence of my granddaughter and I almost ended up with a black eye.........pretty much ended that fantasy right then and there.
    OBN likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8231 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    We have Sov's but this is just more of a personal challenge, the long shaft also pretty much eliminating the weight issue. I guess I just want to see how good I can get with just this one machine. When I was hunting the beaches everyday in Florida it spoiled me as I could pretty much rely on the same general conditions and settings each day, not the case now as a lot of these environments up here are simply wicked trashy and they can change with the drop of a hat. So I'm using this time to learn all I can about the machine and it's little nuances. To be sure, there are times when I've been frustrated a little more then I care to be........
    What settings do you find you have to change? With all the Minelabs I have and have used in the past, I rarely have to change anything, regardless of trash or ground conditions. Occasionally reducing the sensitivity, or switching between auto and manual, but, not often. With a Sov, Explorer, E-trac, Excal, and CTX I usually just eliminate iron and put a brick on the gas pedal!
    ​Avitech Associate

us

Jun 2010
    8708 times
    Sometimes I run an audible threshold, sometimes I run just under audible. Sometimes I hunt in PP, sometimes in Disc. Sometimes I run the large coil, sometimes the small. Sometimes I run the disc at 1, sometimes up to 3. Sometimes I run high sensitivity, sometimes low, sometimes in auto. Sometimes I run max volume, sometimes I bring it down a bit. Generally, however, I'm running in some combination of all of the above, dependent on what the ground conditions are like.
    Sandman likes this.

Sponsored Links