22 Rings! It's Not The Machine....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good video. You're right: It's all about location location location. Even if you're inland, there's lake beaches right ? Or sand wrestle pits. Or sand volleyball. Or upscale soccer fields at private affluent schools. Or even the grass directly adjacent to swimming pools, people tend to take off their rings "for safe keeping" and hide in their tennis shoe at the pool-side, etc... Ski slope lift lines, etc.... Many places are better than junky picnic sites that will tend to be loaded with foil & tabs.

You are right that a lot of people will ask "what machine is best for gold rings". And they'll be pointed to machines that are admittedly good for teensy chains or earings, etc.... But fail to realize that the machine is only a small part of the formula. Even a regular coin machine (that can't find tinsel thin chains) will score all kinds of rings, provided you're in the right spots where gold is more likely to be, in the first place :)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video. You're right: It's all about location location location. Even if you're inland, there's lake beaches right ? Or sand wrestle pits. Or sand volleyball. Or upscale soccer fields at private affluent schools. Or even the grass directly adjacent to swimming pools, people tend to take off their rings "for safe keeping" and hide in their tennis shoe at the pool-side, etc... Ski slope lift lines, etc.... Many places are better than junky picnic sites that will tend to be loaded with foil & tabs.

You are right that a lot of people will ask "what machine is best for gold rings". And they'll be pointed to machines that are admittedly good for teensy chains or earings, etc.... But fail to realize that the machine is only a small part of the formula. Even a regular coin machine (that can't find tinsel thin chains) will score all kinds of rings, provided you're in the right spots where gold is more likely to be, in the first place :)

I had a gentleman approach me at the park today and as we were talking he pointed out my machine and he told me that he was going to get one because he had been seeing how well everyone was doing with them on youtube. So I asked him if he was planning to retire in Florida or some other place with beaches and he said, "No, just be hunting around here most of the time." I'm 60 miles from the nearest beaches, those being very small freshwater beaches that get pounded everyday, not to mention that they aren't exactly adult hot spots. BUT, he had seen all that gold being found with the Excal on youtube. Never once had he considered the "location" factor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread