Md

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.i am using garrett ace 150 more then one year and found coins with it now i am buying a metal detector for caches,large deep object .and there is 2 detectors for that perpuse here right now.minelab gpx5000 with 22" coil and other is whites tm-808 . Please any one can tell me which one will detect deeper ceches or large object deeper.i want to spent money on right detector so please help me

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for info my respected and experienced friends.here is new tm808 with a dealer on 120,000 pkr (1144USD) and i have that ammount in pocket to buy tm808 but was making sure that this detector is what i need.tm808 will ignore small junk like bottle caps,nail,etc and will work smoothly and detect large deep objects is i am right? .and other is tm808 will detect gold silver on same depth like it detect other metals( not taking about single gold or silver single coin i mean toaster sized clay pot full of gold or silver coins) asking because clay pot full of gold coins and buddha and other statues made of gold found in area which is 5km away from our area

Yes, as long as that "toaster size" target isn't deeper than 1.5 meters.

OP
OP
J

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for helping me in chosing md my respected and experianced friends

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Mark, a standard detector (like an AT pro) can no doubt get cache sized objects (jars , toasters, etc....) to 2 or 3 ft. An air test would show this. Heck, I bet a standard coin machine will pick up a refrigerator 6 ft. away :) So the problem isn't that standard machines can't find cache sized objects (sometimes even as deeply as 2-box machines). The problem is that you become bogged down digging little stuff. And no matter how much you put-your-mind to "passing small objects", you will be perpetually 2nd guessing sounds/tones/depths. And digging a bunch "just to be sure".

I went through this mistake when cache hunting, when I reasoned that: Why should I bother with a 2-box detector, when my standard coin machine can get a toolbox sized object respectably deep ? And then, heck, I'll have the 'best of both worlds' by being able to coin hunt at the same time ! However, in the *real world*, going to junky ruins, I found myself spending hours upon hours checking oodles of signals that were more often than not, just random junk around ruins.

In the end, I realized that if caches were my goal, the 2-box is better for the ultimate goal.

OP
OP
J

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark, a standard detector (like an AT pro) can no doubt get cache sized objects (jars , toasters, etc....) to 2 or 3 ft. An air test would show this. Heck, I bet a standard coin machine will pick up a refrigerator 6 ft. away :) So the problem isn't that standard machines can't find cache sized objects (sometimes even as deeply as 2-box machines). The problem is that you become bogged down digging little stuff. And no matter how much you put-your-mind to "passing small objects", you will be perpetually 2nd guessing sounds/tones/depths. And digging a bunch "just to be sure".

I went through this mistake when cache hunting, when I reasoned that: Why should I bother with a 2-box detector, when my standard coin machine can get a toolbox sized object respectably deep ? And then, heck, I'll have the 'best of both worlds' by being able to coin hunt at the same time ! However, in the *real world*, going to junky ruins, I found myself spending hours upon hours checking oodles of signals that were more often than not, just random junk around ruins.

In the end, I realized that if caches were my goal, the 2-box is better for the ultimate goal.

Very good info and you asked a good question am waiting for answer by mark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was another question there somewhere? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
J

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday i bought tm808 and today i went out to fields and was trying to test.i maked singnal balance and groind balance to normall when i was detecting in field i thought to test it .its not detecting mm motor cycle and tryed it on other metal too its not warking not changingsound.i am very sad

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....its not detecting mm motor cycle ...

What's "mm motor cycle" ? And what "other metal" did you try it on ? Does it not even "beep" on a test object (like a hubcap, for instance) that is on top of the ground ? Have you even turned it on ? Does it have batteries in it ? Did it come with instructions ? If so, have you read them ?

I think there's a tutorial DVD/video that whites sells with it. And/or I'm sure some youtube has some that will demonstrate sounds, use, controls, etc... Here's a few I found at random:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't you have the person who sold it to you, demonstrate how it works, and that it does work? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
J

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched that videos and read manual book it had but its not working.and yes morcycle(bike) was on top of ground and then tryied it large metalbsheet on top of ground not its was not changed sound and was humming like its i set from starting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a bad coil and/or connection somewhere. I'd bring it back to where you bought it and ask them to fix it for free or refund your money.

OP
OP
J

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I send detector back to where i bought thet said they cannot refund money back but gave me any detector i want .they have Teknetics T2 with large coil .i know it cannot be campered to 2 box .but how its as a coin/relic machine

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I send detector back to where i bought thet said they cannot refund money back but gave me any detector i want .they have Teknetics T2 with large coil .i know it cannot be campered to 2 box .but how its as a coin/relic machine

That is a decent machine. It's just a routine relic-type machine that's popular amongst some USA hunters.

It sounds you bought the 2-box machine from a dealer . Rather than a private party. Right ? Since, if he's allowing you to exchange, then I take it he's a dealer ? In that case, perhaps the machine was not malfunctioning, and you were using the 2-box wrong some how ?

OP
OP
J

junaidkhank06

Apr 14, 2016
malakand,kpk
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a decent machine. It's just a routine relic-type machine that's popular amongst some USA hunters.

It sounds you bought the 2-box machine from a dealer . Rather than a private party. Right ? Since, if he's allowing you to exchange, then I take it he's a dealer ? In that case, perhaps the machine was not malfunctioning, and you were using the 2-box wrong some how ?

Yes i was bought it from dealer and in that detector was problem in coil connection

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread