chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a F75 and find it incredibly comfortable. I compared the F75s grip/ handle with my other detectors. Then I had a look on the net on other brands.
Feel free to correct me or contribute . It seems the F75 and the XP deus are the only two brands with curved backs and fronts on the handle? (Curves facing toward the rear)
The ctx appears to be curved while the xterra is straight.
Most S rod designs like the ATP have a sausage grip thats fat in the middle.
Whites tend to have a straight pistol grip and straight on the S rod.
The green garrets seem to have a straight back with a curved forward front.
The Nokta impact straight back and front curved towards the rear, the Nokta fors is different again.
Tesoros are all s rod, cheaper ones have straight foam on shaft, others have bulging sausage type foam ( ATP style) they mostly super lightweight anyway..

I know someone who experiences carpel tunnel from extended sessions on the Racer 2 .

Is there a doctor in the house? I know there is such a difference in balance and coil weight between machines but from a carpel tunnel / orthopedic view is one better than the other? I have early onset osteo arthritis so dont want to make it even worse...

Thoughts or comments? Whats your preferred grip?
No brand bashing please.

thanks
Chub

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, lets rather NOT talk about handles...

Chub

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am partial to Colt 45's grip but Smith and Wesson also does well in that department. I can "handle" both.:icon_thumleft:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Love Handles. Their very popular. Not to long ago I was being photographed. The photographer asked me to take out of my jacket whatever was in my pocket that was causing a bulge. Had to explain that there was nothing in my pocket. It was natural.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Handles. Their very popular. Not to long ago I was being photographed. The photographer asked me to take out of my jacket whatever was in my pocket that was causing a bulge. Had to explain that there was nothing in my pocket. It was natural.

Did you experience carpel tunnel?

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a F75 and find it incredibly comfortable. I compared the F75s grip/ handle with my other detectors. Then I had a look on the net on other brands.
Feel free to correct me or contribute . It seems the F75 and the XP deus are the only two brands with curved backs and fronts on the handle? (Curves facing toward the rear)
The ctx appears to be curved while the xterra is straight.
Most S rod designs like the ATP have a sausage grip thats fat in the middle.
Whites tend to have a straight pistol grip and straight on the S rod.
The green garrets seem to have a straight back with a curved forward front.
The Nokta impact straight back and front curved towards the rear, the Nokta fors is different again.
Tesoros are all s rod, cheaper ones have straight foam on shaft, others have bulging sausage type foam ( ATP style) they mostly super lightweight anyway..

I know someone who experiences carpel tunnel from extended sessions on the Racer 2 .

Is there a doctor in the house? I know there is such a difference in balance and coil weight between machines but from a carpel tunnel / orthopedic view is one better than the other? I have early onset osteo arthritis so dont want to make it even worse...

Thoughts or comments? Whats your preferred grip?
No brand bashing please.

thanks
Chub

Years ago I shattered my neck, which resulted in all of the nerves in my right arm, wrist, hand and fingers to get crushed. Today I can still suffer from trigger wrist and loss of grip in my right hand when fatigued. And that is what it's really all about, "fatigue", and the only way to combat this fatigue is with a harness, period! The shape or style of grip won't help as fatigue is still going to be a factor. On the other hand, a harness will reduce the load quite a bit and allow for all day hunting without the strain and fatigue. I worked endlessly to create a perfectly balanced machine with a comfortable grip but it wasn't until I started using a harness that this fatigue factor was finally put to rest. Today I can easily hunt all day long even with the larger coils. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am partial to Colt 45's grip but Smith and Wesson also does well in that department. I can "handle" both.:icon_thumleft:

Perhaps I can mount my detector on the top of the Smith and Wesson? Then when I find a target I can just blast it out, would be comfortable and save digging plugs. Also good for detecting in bear territory or those Ghetto tot lots. Call Garret and ask for the *Ace .357*...sales person "dont you mean the ace 350?".... "nope"...

Chub

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have osteoarthritis and Dupuytren's Contracture in my hands.

Both the wrapped shaft tube of my Minelab Musketeer and the "Pistol" grip of my F-75 are fine. The lightness and good balance of the F-75 make it much more comfortable for a long session.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps I can mount my detector on the top of the Smith and Wesson? Then when I find a target I can just blast it out, would be comfortable and save digging plugs. Also good for detecting in bear territory or those Ghetto tot lots. Call Garret and ask for the *Ace .357*...sales person "dont you mean the ace 350?".... "nope"...

Chub
The New Garrett MAX has a grip that we all could get use to and I could even handle one of them on my 44. Little bit much for the new Ace 357 though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread