Shout Out To Loco-Digger / Weekend Coin Shoot

bryanleemc

Mar 31, 2013
Richland, WA
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Gerrett 750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my 12 year-old son to our first coin hunt, metal detecting event, the SWATH Treasure Hunt. Even though we live in town, we camped for two nights at the event campgrounds to test out the gear and my son's will, for our 12 day car-camp road trip, where we plan on meeting up with Jim_in_Idaho, this summer.

Several of you, thankfully, offered tips and opinions in my effort to get my son (the 12 year-old who is in the 99 percentile in height and weight for his age group) a decent detector for the event and hopefully, get outside more. Thanks you!

Loco-Digger offered to sell me a Fisher f75, so I gave my son my old Garrett GTXa 750 (I wasn't sure he would want to stick with it) and bought Loco-Digger's f75. What an amazing machine! Pin-pointing with this machine is awesome!

We both had a great time! Learned a lot... after digging last years tokens... and had a blast! My son wants to continue in the hobby.

We found a lot of coinage and few silver, via tokens.

Thanks everyone for your help and especially Loco-Digger, for being a trusting member and getting me on the right track with a great machine!

This site has been great! Thanks to all of you who make it, what it is...

Pics are a little distorted...

20170513_130629.jpg
On his Junior Hunt
20170514_132111.jpg

20170514_132130.jpg

20170514_132017.jpg

20170514_132022.jpg

20170514_132026.jpg

Upvote 0

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to you and your son! I detect with my son and he is 12 as well. We have a ton of fun together from looking into sites to detect at, to digging together or swapping swinging and digger roles, to cleaning up the goodies and going over our finds.
Cherish these times you spend together and take a ton of pics. I do. Special times and memories to reflect on for years to come.

I will second your :occasion14: to Loco! He was very helpful when I came to this site with tons of questions. He gave me tons of info on detectors and stuff.

Good luck to you and your son. I hope you have many fun and successful hunts together! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Bryan it looks and sounds like you 2 had a great time. WOW you 2 certainly dug your share of coins especially liking your nickel totals. I hope you were running in 3H of 4H tone. Wish my son wanted to swing the coil or my wife, but alas I must bare the burden of lone wolf hunting. Congrats to the both of you for finding some Silver. I am looking forward to your future posts.

GL & HH

OP
OP
bryanleemc

bryanleemc

Mar 31, 2013
Richland, WA
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Gerrett 750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Actually, I like the 2H better. The nickels make a nice two tone melody... lol

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you and your son. Sounds like you two are having a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about.

They don't make people any better than Locodigger!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to you and your son. Sounds like you two are having a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about.

They don't make people any better than Locodigger!

Awe Shucks Tom you are embarrassing me. :rolleyes:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job dad& son. Nice shakedown test of gear ( short of a heavy rain) both camping and detecting.
That was a good strategy indeed.

Way to go Loco- Digger. Folks pass it on and there will be detectorists out down the road after our coils/ bodies are long worn out and hung up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread