A MAn And His Old Park 2

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Man And His Old Park 2

Junk, the place is infested with it. Put your machine in all metal mode and you can easily mimic the repetition of a Thompson machine gun, just sounds different. Put the machine in disc mode and just discriminate the iron and it fails to get much better, “Bing! Bang! Bonk! Honk! Ping! Pop! Chirp! Whamp!” and at all manner of various volume. But it's my old park, and I've come to hate it with all of the same detest and appreciation of the perfect bank heist.

So much land, so much history, there could be hidden goodies here anywhere. But there not over there, or over there, or right here, or down there, or up there, or under there, or by there, because I have already hunted all of those trash infested places. Ah, but today I had a new plan of attack, new ground that was sure to cough up the goods, this being those tiny strips of grass between the fence and the tennis courts, that lonely strip of land where flying jewelry lands, that tiny strip of land where things of value fall out of the pockets of the jackets and sweatshirts hung over the fence. “This is brilliant!” Or so I thought to myself prior to the hunt.

Pulltabs! I've come to hate them with all the disdain of a splinter through my eye. But here, in these tiny grass strips, well, I just couldn't image too many tennis players inside the fence drinking a can of soda or beer while playing tennis. And for the most part I was correct, very few soda or beer can pulltabs. So let me some this strategy and effort up in a few short words, “Tennis Ball Cans!” For the life of my I don't know why the makers of these cans thought it required to design such large pulltabs? “HONK! HONK!” One right after the other, they were everywhere, surprised I didn't come away from this hunt completely deaf. God how I hate this old park! :BangHead:

DSC_4342 small-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that I can be slow on the uptake sometimes, but I'm sensing a bit of dislike towards your park?

I realize I could be wrong and feel embarrassed about saying so, but just had to say it. :laughing7:

It's the pull tab lids on tennis balls that gets me too. I mean why? It's not like I'm going to tear the container open and start chomping on them!!

Pringles only have a "tin foil lid" and those I eat, so why a solid pull tab lid on tennis balls???

Well I wish you luck with your junk invested park that you love to hate so much. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that I can be slow on the uptake sometimes, but I'm sensing a bit of dislike towards your park?

I realize I could be wrong and feel embarrassed about saying so, but just had to say it. :laughing7:

It's the pull tab lids on tennis balls that gets me too. I mean why? It's not like I'm going to tear the container open and start chomping on them!!

Pringles only have a "tin foil lid" and those I eat, so why a solid pull tab lid on tennis balls???

Well I wish you luck with your junk invested park that you love to hate so much. :icon_thumleft:

Well, it did give up two wheat pennies today.... :o:occasion18:...and so the fruitless hunt must continue....:laughing7: Somewhere in this old park there's something worth finding....I just know it! :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you swinging the excal at that park? If you did any gridding, at least you know where not to swing the coil.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you swinging the excal at that park? If you did any gridding, at least you know where not to swing the coil.

I was actually getting pretty good at avoiding most pulltabs until I found this larger species....:laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other

I believe the tennis ball can is pressurized, so as to keep the balls "bouncy". That's why it has a rigid top... as far as I know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread